Universal Carrier MkII (Forced Reconnaissance) Tamiya 1/35th

Badder

completely messed up the two rifles to go on the rack. You wouldn't think it possible would you? :banghead:

I used CA to glue them to each other, there was a huge wicking effect and I got my fingers stuck to them, then my skin came off on them trying to unstick myself. I know that will amuse some of you more than others. Tried to clean them without destroying the details, but results weren't good. I wondered whether to used them anyway and drape a 'cloth' over them to hide the worst of the damage but I always think that looks 'staged'. Can't find spares so I am just going to use one, and place it on its side, with the best side up. Maybe they lost the other in a card game.

Badder

Edited by Badder

You really like your herbs, don't you! :winkgrin:

You really like your herbs, don't you! :winkgrin:

In terms of their uses in dioramas, yes. And as flavourings in food. And I liked Dil the Dog, in the old children's programme The Herb Garden. I hated Parsley though. He was a ^@##!

Badder

Sorry for the delay in posting pics.

It's taken me a while longer than I had imagined to get to this stage. I decided to 'bandage' the radio operator's hand and add a few spots of red for blood, to emphasize the fact that it was a bandage and not a fingerless glove. His replacement hand was slightly too big for my liking. Now it looks as though his is swollen and bleeding. Much better. (Although he might think otherwise)

The aerials are made from nylon bristles cut from a dustpan and brush set. (From the brush, to be precise, there are no bristles on the dustpan)

I added a strap to the ONE rifle, having binned the other. The strap was made from a 'blade of grass' taken from a piece of spare Astroturf.

The tarpaulin is the kit one, slightly improved by the addition and modelling of Milliput. It needs a bit more work yet.

DSC00519_zpsq0alnm7n.jpg

DSC00520_zps1w20ngbh.jpg

DSC00521_zpsidvzi7tj.jpg

DSC00522_zpsurgqknin.jpg

Ooops..Just saw the erroneous photo from another build. Deleted.

There are a few odds and ends of stowage to add, and of course the final weathering with all the mud and wetness, but this will be done once its place is decided in the diorama.

Thanks for looking,

Regards,

Badder.

Edited by Badder
  • Like 2

It looks great in spite of everything, cheers Badder

Thanks Francis, although I know the figures' faces are awful. But I suppose we must all remember that they our figures are probably between x2 or x5 magnification.

• Like 1

Well the carrier is finished, more or less. There will be a final weathering when the carrier is positioned in its forthcoming diorama 'Carry on regardless'.

I am glad that this one is over. I've not enjoyed the build at all. It's a nice little kit to look at but a pain in the butt to put together. Pics are available now to view in the Armour RFI section, and please pop in to Dioramas WiP to comment/criticize/support and maybe offer tips/advice.

Thanks for looking,

Badder.

DSC00544_zpskh5zpz1w.jpg

• 3 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, Storm88 said:

Hello everyone. I looked at this a post a while ago and their were photos. They appear to have dissappeared now. Is there anyway I can see them? 

Thanks in advance. 

Rob. 

Hi Rob, I shall look through my memory stick and see what photos I still have after Photo@@cket stole them. If I don't have any actual WIP photos the finished Carrier can be seen in the diorama forum under 'CARRY ON REGARDLESS'. Have a check back here a bit later.

Rearguards,

Badder

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, Storm88 said:

Hello everyone. I looked at this a post a while ago and their were photos. They appear to have disappeared now. Is there anyway I can see them? 

Thanks in advance. 

Rob. 

Hi Rob,

Sorry but I don't have any photos that were on this WIP. If you're one of those who agreed to pay money to see your OWN pics on Photo@@ucket you will probably find them under my ta Badder

Thank you Badder 

I am new to modelling and chose this carrier as my second project. I am having trouble fixing the tracks on. Was not sure if I should glue them (I stupidly did, and they have melted a bit and won't attach now). I got another kit with new tracks but they seem to be really loose when I stretch them over the wheels. Any advice would be handy. 

Thanks in advance. 

Rob. 

Just re read my last post. Didn't really explain it very well. When I fit the tracks, they just come apart. The join is very loose and as soon as I stretch the track over the front wheel, it just comes apart. I have put the back axel in place, along with the two wheel rigs that fix to the middle 9f the side. I am then putting the track over these wheels and then placing the front wheel in the track and pulling the whole thing together until the front wheel slots in to position. When the front wheel is in position the track just comes apart as the track seems to small and the join doesn't seem strong enough to hold. 

Rob.