Airfix 1:72 North American P-51 Mustang (Foiled NMF)

Hi Kev:

Congratulations for the Wonderful build of this stuning Mustang in NMF!!!

Looking your wiork really inspires to have a try maybe in the next future or will wait until the Tutorial you willsend here.

Cheers and Happy New Year!!!

Luis Alfonso

Thank you for looking at my Mustang build and your kind comments Luis, they are very much appreciated. I hope you will give the foiling technique a try in the future, it is great fun, even if it is quite time consuming!! Thanks again and a Happy New Year to you too!! :coolio::thumbsup:

Kev :)

Edited by Mr Modeller
  • Like 1

Very nice work! Are the drop tanks also foiled?

Cheers,

Mario

Hello Mario and thanks for your nice comments about my work :coolio::thumbsup:

Yes, the drop tanks have been foiled - took seven strips in total to do each one, in order to get it to conform to the complex curves without creasing, but I got there in the end!! :mental::yikes:

Foil finish execute very very well!

Great job.

Hello rpaddy, thanks very much for your nice remarks, they are very much appreciated and I'm glad that you like my work! :coolio::thumbsup:

Edited by Mr Modeller
  • Like 2

What an absolutely stunning piece of work.

Looks fantastic!! The best proponent for NMF with kitchen foil!!

You've done a great job with this build, it looks fantastic!

Thanks for looking in on my work and your nice comments my friends, they are very much appreciated and I'm pleased that you like my work - makes it all worthwhile!! :coolio::thumbsup:

I recognize this handy work, and as usual, fantastic skills on display! :Tasty: Superb build! Oh and if your not busy, my hall needs decorating?! :thumbsup::whistle:

Hello Daran, glad you could make it and great to see you posting here on Britmodeller - welcome, my friend!! :coolio::thumbsup:

Not sure your wife would appreciate me foiling your hallway, it'd look like a hall of mirrors and with the amount of time that the ladies spend looking in the mirror, she'd get nothing else done mate?! :oops::nono::fraidnot::doh:

Edited by Mr Modeller

• 2 weeks later...

A beautiful result! You should be well chuffed.

May I ask what adhesive you used to apply the foil with please?

I attempted to chase up some of the Microscale brand but our national distributor fails to import it here... *grumble*.

Will also look forward to your WIP!

Foiled again! Wow this looks amazing...as well as being a lovely build of a great little kit- Inspirational. regards, Dave

...that foil also does a nice silver leaf substitute when applied in 4" squares, dull side out to various surfaces....

Many thanks for your great comments chaps, so very pleased that you like my work, it means a lot to receive such praise and is always appreciated !! :coolio::thumbsup:

A beautiful result! You should be well chuffed.

May I ask what adhesive you used to apply the foil with please?

I attempted to chase up some of the Microscale brand but our national distributor fails to import it here... *grumble*.

Will also look forward to your WIP!

Hello Hairystick, unfortunately for you it is indeed 'Microscale' Metal Foil Adhesive that I use. It's a brilliant glue for the job, allowing a little time to position the foil and is 'pressure activated', which makes it really bond once it has started to go off!!

Hope that your national distributor can get their act together soon for you and it will be nice to see the results of other members' attempts at the method (a little underused in my opinion and can be just as good or better than the Alclad paints when used correctly?)

Edited by Mr Modeller

Hello Hairystick, unfortunately for you it is indeed 'Microscale' Metal Foil Adhesive that I use. It's a brilliant glue for the job, allowing a little time to position the foil and is 'pressure activated', which makes it really bond once it has started to go off!!

Damn!

I was hoping you were not going to say that! :weep:

Thank you for letting me/us know what you used though. Most helpful!

Thank you JBP, I really appreciate your comments and I agree, why use metallised paints when you can use the real thing - even if it does take a lot longer to apply?!!

It certainly gives a more convincing end result I feel, which makes the extra effort all the more worth it? :coolio: :coolio: :thumbsup: