1/48 Monogram B-29 Washington

It was on the BC Sig stand, so quite possibly, cheers. Hope to see this in the flesh (plastic? !!) some time, will you be talking it along to any of the shows?

Yes I saw it then. Don't do many shows, but probably some southern ones later in the year and smw. Trouble is it will fill the boot and therefore limit what else I can take (and more importantly bring back!)

• Like 1

I love it ! I have the decals to do one myself but seeing yours ........umm, I can see that the size could be an issue. Ah well, in for a penny - in for a pound.

I'll take on board your comments about being a tail sitter.

A lovely build of an aircraft that as has already been said looks better in RAF colours (IMHO).

Cheers

Gaz :thumbsup:

• 4 years later...

Excellent build. I'm especially impressed with how well you blended the canopy in with the fuselage. Smooth as smooth can be. Having built the kit I know it has its challenges and your build shows what can be done by someone who really knows how to build this model. 

Edited by SAT69
spelling error

That is definitely a big, beautiful bird. :D  And also definitely a fantastic job on a great scale model! :clap2:  I aways enjoy seeing one built and especially in 1/48, my chosen scale.   That's a beauty sir!  And thanks for the recommendation of the AK Extreme Metal paint.  It looks really good and the ability to mask over it is very important to me.  My old standby, and favorite paint for a NMF was SnJ aluminum but sadly no longer available.    I will most likely give the AK paint a try now!   

• 5 weeks later...

Great to see a model of the B-29 in 1/48. I am building one at the moment and will start posting it as a WIP. It's a great kit to build. I do like your Washington.