SS Ophir Steam Coaster +++FINISHED+++

Ray S

Sadly, one hardly ever sees models of merchant ships these days, despite the fact that they came in all sizes from a few tons to quarter of a million, or more, and in my view, right up until the late 1960s, could not be surpassed in beauty.

Bob

Fab fab fab!

Now that sir, is Modelling!

Can I just suggest one final thing please?

Use an inverted V of thread to attach the front boom to the deck (or something) to stop it swinging about... Like in this pic here:

NorthSeaTrawler022Large.jpg

Fab fab fab!

Now that sir, is Modelling!

Can I just suggest one final thing please?

Use an inverted V of thread to attach the front boom to the deck (or something) to stop it swinging about... Like in this pic here:

Will do Murdo! I think something like that will need to go on the long boom too.

Cheers for the suggestion, as usual, anything like that is always welcome.

Ray

Delighted to help Ray.

It's these kinds of things that often stand out quite immediately.

I once worked on an inshore trawler (a loooooong time ago) and absolutely everything that could potentially move when you really, seriously didn't want it to move was secured asap. It would become a bloody serious hazard if the sea or wind became rough, which often happened.

We sat on the "gunnel" of the boat sorting the catch so anything that could swing or move and catch us unawares was potentially deadly. Nothing moved unless it was supposed to move at a specific time and it was always controlled.

• Like 2