Kitty Hawk(not Kinetic) 1/48 F9F "Cougar"

Hi,

Finished some weeks ago a very pleasant model to built when forgoten the tricky intructions!

It's OOB and paint with gunze acrylics.

img_2130.jpg

img_2131.jpg

img_2132.jpg

img_2133.jpg

img_2134.jpg

img_2213.jpg

img_2214.jpg

All comments appreciatted.

Cheers

Alain

Edited by newvall
  • Like 16

Beautiful end result. :)

How was the quality of the plastic? I'm currently building a 1/48 Kinetic Mirage, and the amount of clean-up work needed is astounding (flashing, seam lines, divots, or general excess material). Literally every piece has needed some sort of major clean-up/repair so far (curious if this is a typical Kinetic trait, or just a quirk of this particular kit). The detail has been decent, but the execution of a kit in this price bracket ($55+) is laughable. I think the end result will be satisfactory, just going to be a lot more work than I originally envisioned.

If you went through similar issues during the build, double kudos. Because that Cougar looks fantastic.

Oops you're right, It's Kitty Hawk !!

To answer to Helios, as i'm currently buiding the Kinetic Mirage III E, i'm a bit disgusted by this model, I found the same flaws, despite some coment read on differents forum Kitty hawk quality is much higher than the Kinetic one.

Alain

Edited by newvall
  • Like 1

Hi,

thank you very much for your comments.

Looks fantastic. I have this in my stash and can't wait to get started. how did you find the build? Anything to watch out for?

Built is rather easy if you don't follow the instrutions!

The main advices I can provide are :

-If you to build a non folded wings plane you must glue together upper wings an wings roots and stengthen with plastic card by the inside.

- You must also glue together all the parts of the same side from the tail to the nose to be sure all the shape and engraved lines are in line.I forget to do that for the nose and I waisted a lot of time !

Less important, it's better to modify the exhaust to fit it into the fuselage after paint.

I hope it helps.

Alain

• Thanks 1