The Wind Rises - Fine Molds 1/48 Mitsubishi Ka-14

Geno

Good evening Gentlemen,

I'm the new one. After a while of only window shopping, I thought it's about time to show something of my own stuff at britmodeller. Coincidentally I've just finished a model... :winkgrin:

The Mitsubishi Ka-14 as it appeared in the Hayao Miyazaki movie "The Wind Rises". It's a very nice kit and went together without any fuss. I've just added IJN seat belts by Fine Molds, a hand hold below the cockpit sill and the foot step at the belly from scratch. The model has been sprayed with acrylic paints from the Tamiya range. Comments are welcome, please enjoy the pictures.

S1_01_1024.jpg

S1_03_1024.jpg

S1_04_1024.jpg

S1_05_1024.jpg

S1_06_1024.jpg

S1_09a_1024.jpg

S1_10_1024.jpg

Greetings from the Black Forest,

Bodo

Edited by Geno
new picture links
  • Like 20

A great model from a great film. You've made a first class job. Excellent base as well.

Thanks for your kind comments.

The base was made of bamboo by a fellow member of a german forum, I've added paint, a decal and some sweat for polishing...

Geno

Edited by Geno

Thanks very much guys.

Looks like a nice build and finish,for my personal taste the pics are a bit "arty" unless that was the colour of the gray. :2c:

I had some trouble taking the pictures due to different colour temperatures of lighting and the bright contrast of the red areas. So I've used a tool to adjust brightness, saturation, contrast and a sharpness filter. Maybe a bit too much...

Are you the same Bodo who made this?

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=55433

This Ka-14 is so incredibly beautiful and built by someone very talented. Love your work!

Um, unfortunately not... Wrong end of Germany, but a splendid looking Black Widow, isn't it?

Geno

Edited by Geno

Um, unfortunately not... Wrong end of Germany, but a splendid looking Black Widow, isn't it?

Geno

It's a stunning build. I instantly thought of it when I saw your because it's equally beautiful.

@TGA

You are really kind mate. The P-61 is a complex piece of art, the Mitsubishi just almost straight from the box.

@Martin

Thanks for your comment and the welcome. :)

Happy New Year

Geno