Tony`s 2015 Yearbook- 51kits and counting!,,PLUS 11 more- so 62 for the year!

tonyot

Tony, I'm struggling to remember if I've actually finished 51 models in the quarter of a century or so I've been taking this hobby 'seriously'! And if I have they certainly wouldn't have been to such a consistently high standard that you achieve with all your builds! Amazing work on them all, I can't pick a favourite, they're all too good!

I hope you & yours have a really Happy, Safe & Peaceful New Year! I hope the pond bottom dwelling low life that attacked you have a completely & utterly miserable one....

All the best & take care

Keith

• Like 1

thats an amazing feat Tony, and i finished one...ONE!!!!!! Love your builds. I was horrified to hear of the attack on you, but glad you and your wife escaped relatively unscathed.

Shame you did not press charges, people should not be allowed to get away with that, but understand your reasons. If the English justice system is anything like the Australian one, they would have just got a slap on the wrist anyway

All the best for a speedy recovery to you and your wife

Bruce

• Like 1

Thanks again everybody for your extremely kind words,......they mean a great deal cheers and those regarding the `incident' have really helped to restore my faith in the human nature of the decent people of this world !

thats an amazing feat Tony, and i finished one...ONE!!!!!! Love your builds. I was horrified to hear of the attack on you, but glad you and your wife escaped relatively unscathed.

Shame you did not press charges, people should not be allowed to get away with that, but understand your reasons. If the English justice system is anything like the Australian one, they would have just got a slap on the wrist anyway

All the best for a speedy recovery to you and your wife

Bruce

Hiya Bruce,...but that `one' was a very `nice one' indeed mate! Having worked for the Police in comms and intelligence (yeah I know,...I`ve heard them all about the latter,...don`t worry!) for around 8-9 yrs I know full well that the CPS and courts are on the side of the offenders and will give out a paltry slap on the wrist at best to our assailants and although I dearly want justice I know that it won`t happen and it would make our life a misery into the bargain,.....so I`ve withdrawn into my little fortress and covered it with CCTV cameras,.......what a lovely world we live in eh,...and it used to be a nice area too.

Tony, I'm struggling to remember if I've actually finished 51 models in the quarter of a century or so I've been taking this hobby 'seriously'! And if I have they certainly wouldn't have been to such a consistently high standard that you achieve with all your builds! Amazing work on them all, I can't pick a favourite, they're all too good!

I hope you & yours have a really Happy, Safe & Peaceful New Year! I hope the pond bottom dwelling low life that attacked you have a completely & utterly miserable one....

All the best & take care

Keith

Hiya Keith,.....thank you,.....I love your last sentence,........I hope you & yours have a really Happy, Safe & Peaceful New Year! I hope the pond bottom dwelling low life that attacked you have a completely & utterly miserable one...........priceless!!!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

Well ! Tony , how do you do it ? , that's one model a week and to that level of skill , to me it's unbelievable.

Sorry to hear about your assault , hope you make a speedy recovery . Word fail you sometimes when you hear of such behaviour , I despair for our society and realise how lucky we are to be living in a fairly remote rural village .

regards Andrew

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning collection of brush painted models! I do not know how you manage to complete so many, so beautifully, using hairy sticks! Fantastic. Well done.

I too was very sorry to read about your recent incident. Hope you are doing okay now.

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

The Police attended to receive a barrage of abuse (as did the Ambulance crew) and took statements but my wife and I thought it better not to aggravate the situation by pressing charges at the time because the mob were extremely volatile,......I was in hospital,.... and we feared for my house, property and dog!

All the best everybody for 2016,

Tony

..what is wrong with people ? ..happened to me two weeks ago, in broad daylight, in the centre of town. I was lucky because some passers-by stepped in to shield me when I was on the floor, and the guy lost interest and mooched off. Plenty of CCTV according to the investigating officer..but none of it good enough for an ID. Things like this knock your confidence a bit...

anyway, brilliant year's modelling, always look forward to seeing your latest, all the best for 2016 mate

Neil

Edited by FalkeEins
  • Like 2

Tony, i m sorry to say, but i think for you, modelling is not a hobby.. but diagnossis... :D :D (I m sorry, i could not resist ;) )

On more serious note, this is amazing collection of great finished kits, some of the camouflages i have never seen before (love the Hurricane with white details!), i just dont understand where you find the time to build so many kits in such a nice quality... :winkgrin: last year i find barely time to sit to my work bench, so i m quite jealous at you sir ;)

Keep up the great work Tony, always nice to watch your new finished kits :) ​

• Like 2

Oh, i have just noticed the thing about the assault... (as i m at night shift, i was just eye-browsing the finished models and did not read the text completely - i would not used the "diagnossis" joke there.. :weep:) ​

I m sorry to hear about it and hope both you and your wife are OK and after few weeks it wont leave any bad marks behind.. Now get better soon and i wish you both quick recovery!

• Like 1

Thanks everybody,.....I`ve found some more so the total is 55 now 59 for 2015 now,......unless I`ve forgotten any more!

There are quite a few partially built ones too so I`ve got a heads start on my 2016 list already!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Tony,

Don't know what to say about what you've produced. Each and everyone of them are gems, interesting schemes and superbly build. 55 of them? I need some support off your elves, it's rather selfish of you not to be allowing them to help your fellow modellers!

An epic year, but joking aside, a real inspiration for us all :)

Also want to thank you for the help you've given me for my few builds this year, my learning curve would be much slower without your input :)

Cheers

Neil

• Like 1

Amazing output, you are a machine!

So sorry to read about the incident, I hope the finger trouble doesn't hold you back in 2016! Don't suppose those neighbours will be getting a card next year?

All the best,

Al

• Like 1

Tony, first and foremost my best wishes for a complete recovery for you and your wife. It was difficult to read your description of the attack, and I hope that somehow, some way, the bad guys (and gals - what is happening to this world?) get their comeuppance.

Second, how can you build that many high quality models in one year? You're a modelling automaton! You must have some assembly line - do you brush paint while you're sleeping too? Wow, just an utterly amazing collection. Salute! :):)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Wow Tony that is a truly amazing and memorable collection of quality scale modelling.

I kept scrolling down and thinking oh that's it then. Then another, then another!

I really hope you are doing fine and you and your wife are OK and on the mend.

Well regarding moving to a nicer area, just selling off your build collection would in my opinion raise plenty of funds towards a new house, and make some space for new builds!

I do hope some justice was done and they didn't all get away with what happened. Absolutely awful.

Happy New Year and hope you manage to get back to doing what you love.

Martin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think this deserves and OMG! and 'I can't even'. hehe. :D

Really what an astounding collection, and they don't look slung together so I can only assume you don't sleep and feed intravenously? ;)

If you paid me to photograph ALL your models you build each year that would be 50% of all my work and I could look forward to early retirement. :D:lol:

Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fantastic lineup Tony. Standouts for me are the Tallboy Lanc and the Halibags, but the Sword Spitfire Vc is also a cutie. And the big Meteor. And the dark grey Beaufighter. And the... You get my drift!

Sorry to hear only now about the fracas and hope you're on the mend. With any luck the law will catch up with them. It might take a while but they do get there.

Justin