Two 1/72 Typhoons from Brengun and Airfix with D-day markings - Cockpit done

Basilisk

Good to see these two moving forward :thumbsup:

The list of faults in both kits is unfortunate and also the first time I've seen many of them mentioned.

Thanks Col. Fortunately the major faults are only noticeable when looking head on!

IMO, the Brengun opening looks more like the real thing; it's a very wide opening:

f36c9abdb9eec36ad7bc6f84bacc7cf9.jpg

It certainly does! It is the filter location Brengun has located dead centre by default which looks a bit odd. But this is fixable if you know about it by gluing the filter a bit lower.

I am not wearing my rivet counter hat when building in 1/72 - I reserve this for larger scales :winkgrin: . But comparing these two kits to details on the Airfix 1/24 Typhoon, a lot of the smaller details are more accurate and refined on the Brengun kit. But the kit does need a bit more work due to its short run nature.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the Hendon Typhoon

800px-Hawker_Typhoon_RAFHendon.JPG

(picture from wikipedia, should be ok to borrow)

It seems that neither intakes are a perfect match...

Anyway, I like both your models anyway.

The Master gun barrels look especially tasty!

The Hendon Typhoon's intake is only accurate in exterior shape -- the radiator was built from a truck radiator and can't be used as a reference for the real thing.

It seems that neither intakes are a perfect match...

It looks that way, Airfix too small and Brengun a bit too large.

The Hendon Typhoon's intake is only accurate in exterior shape -- the radiator was built from a truck radiator and can't be used as a reference for the real thing.

That is good to know!

Cheers, Peter

Edited by Basilisk