Garret Showman's Engine by Bandai 1/16 Scale COMPLETED!

Kallisti

The Easter weekend and last week saw a huge amount of progress, so much so that I can now say.... ITS FINISHED!!!!!!

It made its first public appearance at the Cosford show at the weekend, but it was only 98% complete - the steering chains were missing plus some other wires were missing. Since then the last finishing touches have been completed and tonight I took the photos...

DSC_4877.JPG

DSC_4849.JPG

Close up of the dynamo. I've added cables from the control panel up into the roof to simulate how the lights would be powered.

DSC_4851.JPG

DSC_4853.JPG

DSC_4856.JPG

DSC_4859.JPG

DSC_4860.JPG

DSC_4861.JPG

DSC_4863.JPG

DSC_4865.JPG

DSC_4867.JPG

DSC_4869.JPG

Here you can see the cables that would have delivered power to the lights, with a scratch built junction box joining two of the cables

DSC_4870.JPG

DSC_4872.JPG

I've just realised on seeing this photo that I've fogotten a decal that should go on the end of the dynamo boss :(

DSC_4873.JPG

DSC_4876.JPG

I'll try to choose the best 4 or 5 photos to put in the gallery.

Having completed this, I'm really pleased with how it looks... its actually "pretty" :)

How I EVER thought I could light all those bulbs...

• Like 9

Agh! The risks of model shows! As I was lifting my boxes out from under the table at today's Poole Vikings Model show the box containing the Showman's engine fell over and a significant amount of damage resulted :( Over half the canopy pillars have either come adrift or broken and several other pieces have broken off. I think its fixable...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thanks for the great detail pix - I bought a completed Bandai model of the Pendle Princess from an auction in England and then had it packaged and sent to me by airmail in Australia, probably by road, air, train and road to me in Western Australia and the combined shaking caused the glue joints to break and disassemble most of the fragile glue points of my model, so now I have to put it back together without any idea previously, of where, or how to begin.

Your pix, will help me put it back together as it once was and like Kallisti, above - there is now light at the end of "my" tunnel.

Brooker

• Like 1

Me too - if it is the next oncoming train, it would probably knock some much needed sense into me - getting older is not much fun, my partner is losing her marbles and forgets more than me, I've suggested I buy some marbles and pour them back in through her ear, but so far, no success - it pays to be quick on my feet sometimes - lol

Brooker

• 3 months later...

The Easter weekend and last week saw a huge amount of progress, so much so that I can now say.... ITS FINISHED!!!!!!

It made its first public appearance at the Cosford show at the weekend, but it was only 98% complete - the steering chains were missing plus some other wires were missing. Since then the last finishing touches have been completed and tonight I took the photos...

DSC_4877.JPG

DSC_4849.JPG

Close up of the dynamo. I've added cables from the control panel up into the roof to simulate how the lights would be powered.

DSC_4851.JPG

DSC_4853.JPG

DSC_4856.JPG

DSC_4859.JPG

DSC_4860.JPG

DSC_4861.JPG

DSC_4863.JPG

DSC_4865.JPG

DSC_4867.JPG

DSC_4869.JPG

Here you can see the cables that would have delivered power to the lights, with a scratch built junction box joining two of the cables

DSC_4870.JPG

DSC_4872.JPG

I've just realised on seeing this photo that I've fogotten a decal that should go on the end of the dynamo boss :(

DSC_4873.JPG

DSC_4876.JPG

I'll try to choose the best 4 or 5 photos to put in the gallery.

Having completed this, I'm really pleased with how it looks... its actually "pretty" :)

How I EVER thought I could light all those bulbs...

Bloody awesome mate!,I may have a go at one of these some day.

• Like 1