Fiat 806 -"Gangshow"- build album.

16 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

Andi I sincerely hope you'll consider merging your new thread with the current... I think almost everyone who is a Fiat 806 fan on this forum would love to see that. 

Now that all research and more or less radical scratchbuilding will run parallel to this Gangshow thread (or that's the idea) I would love to see the original 'gang' rejoin and resume the discussion, talking about building the kit, painting, weathering et cetera., in this central topic -the way you originally intended. 

Yes indeed, it would be great fun :)

• Like 1

Will good manners and good sense see us through ?

i do NOT think so.... despite the excellent efforts of @Roy vd M. others have reached the opposite conclusion.

Much rudeness has been displayed by some here, snobbishly disrespecting others who have another approach to scale modeling.  

Now we have this ridiculous split from what has been titled a 'gang-show build' from the very beginning.  

Is there no respect for people who are different ?

On a gang-show thread which says 'of course all are welcome' on the very first post ?

Like many others i was a little surprised by the intensity of the new posts from Olivier, and amused at the almost obsessive quest for historical accuracy.  But Olivier is taking his Tamiya Magazine article very seriously, he is honoring his commitment, and this alone is very laudable and deserves respect. His scale modeling is also meticulous and top level. He was always very respectful of everyone.

Also, I am very grateful to Roy (and Nick ) for showing me a new approach to modeling and taking so much time to explain what can be done soon with 3D.  And so, there is now potential for a new different and much better representation of this fascinating car.

OOB builders are no less admirable.

Also, some positivity must go to Hannes and his refreshing and obvious artistic talents. He must be very unimpressed by what went on here.

Lastly, i think these gentlemen have displayed patience and perfect manners in response to the exact opposite.

IMHO it is totally ridiculous to think that @Little Andi  Andi's magnificent rendering of the 806 was threatened or diminished or obscured by the new contributors.  Believing so is provincial and egocentric.  Diversity is wealth and progress, protectionism is denial and agony.

This had to be said by at least one person here, whatever the cost may be.

Apologies if this post is - exceptionally - NOT about scale modeling but about my personal opinion on respecting differences. 

excuse me if i feel disheartened and therefore i shall NOT post anymore on this Forum for a long while, if ever.

Edited by sharknose156
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, sharknose156 said:

Will good manners and good sense see us through ?

i do NOT think so.... despite the excellent efforts of @Roy vd M. others have reached the opposite conclusion.

Much rudeness has been displayed by some here, snobbishly disrespecting others who have another approach to scale modeling.  

Now we have this ridiculous split from what has been titled a 'gang-show build' from the very beginning.  

Is there no respect for people who are different ?

On a gang-show thread which says 'of course all are welcome' on the very first post ?

Like many others i was a little surprised by the intensity of the new posts from Olivier, and amused at the almost obsessive quest for historical accuracy.  But Olivier is taking his Tamiya Magazine article very seriously, he is honoring his commitment, and this alone is very laudable and deserves respect. His scale modeling is also meticulous and top level. He was always very respectful of everyone.

Also, I am very grateful to Roy (and Nick ) for showing me a new approach to modeling and taking so much time to explain what can be done soon with 3D.  And so, there is now potential for a new different and much better representation of this fascinating car.

OOB builders are no less admirable.

Also, some positivity must go to Hannes and his refreshing and obvious artistic talents. He must be very unimpressed by what went on here.

Lastly, i think these gentlemen have displayed patience and perfect manners in response to the exact opposite.

IMHO it is totally ridiculous to think that @Little Andi  Andi's magnificent rendering of the 806 was threatened or diminished or obscured by the new contributors.  Believing so is provincial and egocentric.  Diversity is wealth and progress, protectionism is denial and agony.

This had to be said by at least one person here, whatever the cost may be.

Apologies if this post is - exceptionally - NOT about scale modeling but about my personal opinion on respecting differences. 

excuse me if i feel disheartened and therefore i shall NOT post anymore on this Forum for a long while, if ever.

Have sent you a PM, Sam ^_^

Dear Sam,

What can I add to your excellent analysis? 

Nothing, definitely.

I think you summerised perfectly what happened on this thread.

I sent an MP to Andi yesterday (no answer yet...). 

With many of us here, I consider the thread as a place of sharing, not as a fanclub just admiring a Diva who just post amazing photos without never giving any explanation or hint on how he gets his results. I did exactly the opposite, trying to search for truth, but trying also to show how I respoked my wheels, re-did my grille, remade the steering wheel etc. I have probably less skills that Andi, but I pretend to share much more than him. He shows results, I give recipes, it's not the same approach. 

If you remember, I was always very respectful and more than that, complimentary regarding his works, always liking them, while he nearly never did the same for me. I don't mind, that's not the question, others did it for him. 

He did not like my grille, while I was probably the first (but certainly not the last...) who removed all spokes to, patiently, get a much realistic and esthetic result (even if, in the light of the last searches, it appears that I will have to modify it).

He (and his fan club) did not like my sterring wheel, while the enlargements of original documents showed no one before made it a so accurate one...

I don't say that to boast, but I just recall to all how things arrived.

Then came the ironical, sarcastic comments... and to end, the ridiculous segregation... 

I suggest to anyone to re read all this Gangshow (on which Andi removed all his photos, pity...) to see that I can't feel responsible of what happened here.

I was very glad to know Thierry (CrazyCrank), who still today brings me help and whose modesty makes that he does not say his amazing work was chosen by a famous modelers site (go and see his thread on Bugatti T 50), I was very happy to know John, a real friend, who provided me his fantastic tyres and many other things, very happy to know Roy, who made an extra work to search truth, and then, after the segregation, to summarize all contents and recreate a new thread, very glad to know you, Sam, for your human qualities and your amazing skills, that we can see on your Mef thread, with the same sharing mind than me. Sorry if I forgot many of you, I have to go to work now, but I just wanted to thank Sam for his honest appreciation of how things escaped to our control.

I finish with a word to my master, Juan Manuel Villalba, a modeler out of the common, become a friend, from whom I learned so much in that hobby that we all love, and that I appreciate for his modesty and simplicity, while he is a Diva...

All the best to all

Olivier

P.S: sorry, Hannes, I forgot to mention you! you who always seem to be wrong while you are always right!

Edited by Olivier de St Raph
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, jack58 said:

quests

Jack58, sorry, my English is not as good as yours, I tried to find the word "quest" in Reverso, it gives me "recherche". Ah, yes! I understand, you mean on our new thread, in which there are people coming from everywhere, we are questing for truth. You are right, my dear fellow...

I could not imagine another meaning, you are an opened mind guy, aren't you?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jack58 said:

This is a British forum maybe some people from abroad should realize and respect that,you are quests here.

Gents while the forum is Britmodeller and we welcome all things British anyone from anywhere is welcome to join and everyone is equal no matter where you are from. All we ask is you be polite and helpful to your fellow members and post in English. I know English is not the first language for a lot of members and some leeway is given for that. There is no place for some of the comments in this thread.

Julien

• Like 3

• Julien locked this topic