Fiat 806 -"Gangshow"- build album.

Dear Sam,yes this is an impressive work but for sure  not an serious  attempt to Show the real car.I wonder why the Hood for the seat was elogated to the other side.

I think the kit  gives us enough room to make it better. Liebe Grüsse in die Schweiz!  Hannes

• Like 1

More, I think most of the modelers on this thread are very good ones, and   so are not so much interested in basic approach of the build.

"Personally I'd love to see Andy resume posting his weathering progress. "

.................................................................................So, by inference, I'm not a very good modeller?

Fed up with this. That guy you know Andi, Gordon? A deliberate wind-up posting with an hour of you suggesting thread closure?

I'm out of here and guys, if I have anything to contribute about the 806 I'll pm you all.

Shame, I'd like to have seen the thread continue with both Andi's and Steve's kits finished...with my cast tyres on! ;-)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hannes said:

Your love regarding the Details would be a great contribute for all of us

Dear Hannes,

thank you for this compliment. To be true, I am wondering now if I won't dive in that mad adventure. I agree with you, it would be very exciting. But I would need to be sure where I put my feet, because I don't want to leave the prey for the shade. I am used to make details changes, but I am afraid of the project to lower the body.  And I am not sure of Roy's and yours conclusions about the radiator grille at now. More, the kit ever does not fit well, so, all these changes could turn to nightmares...

I will re read all the posts and make a decision, because these last times, I was very busy and had not time to study very well Roy's amazing work.

Sam, I saw you found another scartchbuild 806 build, I have no time now to see it, I hope it will be helpful, with many explanations...

All the best to all (or nearly all...)

Olivier

Edited by Olivier de St Raph
  • Like 2

https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/group/history/Pages/centro_storico.aspx

In the same building are located the corporate archives, available by appointment: more than 5,000 linear meters of print documents, 300,000 technical designs, 5,000 automotive and industrial history volumes and magazines, more than six million images (prints, slides, plates and negatives) and over 200 hours of historical films.

When I'll have finalized the McLaren that appointment is probably the first thing I'm going to (try to) make. I can't imagine there isn't something there that can not be found online. Just think of @sharknose156's find of 'Photo 8' in a book, not to be found online. 

Edited by Roy vd M.
grammar
  • Like 1

Hello guys,

well, I have to apologyse for my doubts about some of Hannes and Roy's conclusions: I made measures on the drawing 1 (that we can use as a reference even if the round at the top of the grille does not exist so on the 806). So, I calculated the height of the grille to 49,5 mm (instead of 54 mm), and the width to 34 mm (instead of 31 mm. Now, I have the proof (if this doc is right and I think it is) that the grille is more squarred as Hannes and Roy suggested. I don't know yet what I'll decide about the many changes required. Definitely, this build will make me mad :jump_fire:

All the best to all (...)

Olivier

7Q5iBG.pngFLbnxM.png

• Like 3

Dear Olivier ,the line,seen from the side view should not be the one ,that Shows the shape of the grill.What´s important is the line where the grill is fixed (front end of the case).

If you take a closer look,you will also see,that the bottom line of the case was changed into a abrupt upward direction contrary to our Version of the car.

I made my own case just by eyesight and of Course it can be altered any time.It´s current dimensions are:height 5,4cm,widht 3,5cm and lenght 3 tcm.

Of Course this does not necessaryly Show the final Dimension,but if I compare them with the Pictures hanging on my wall,it convinces me that I am on the right way.Many greetings!  Hannes

psJXYt.png

from these other measures, we can say that: 

- the height at the top of the bonnet is 560 what gives 823 : 12 = 68,63 mm. It would be interesting to ask Rich or Jeremy, f.e  how much it is on their model.

- the height on the rear is 525 what gives 65 mm.

- the lenght of the bonnet: 700 so 1029 : 12 = 85,8 mm

- the lenght from the rear to the seat: 760 so 1117 : 12 = 93,15 mm

- the height from the floor to the cockpit 350 (sorry, the line is wrong, should be vertical) so 514,74 : 12 = 42,9 mm

- the distance between front and rear wheels 1700 so 2500 : 12 = 208,35 mm

- the angle between the grille and the vertical axis is 20° (to check on a finished model).

I will complete measures on the other drawing (plan view) as soon as possible...

Don't know what I will do with these measures but I hope they will be useful for the courageous pioneers who will dive...

Hannes, I just read your post. So, my measures correspond to your piece: 54 x 34 (you : 35).

30 minutes ago, Hannes said:

the line,seen from the side view should not be the one ,that Shows the shape of the grill.What´s important is the line where the grill is fixed (front end of the case).

I did not understand what you meant here. Can you explain me better or with a drawing, please?

• Like 1

Dear Olivier I was thinking of the line,Where the grill Ends and the case Begins.I am convinced,that These drawings Show a possible successor of our car ,based on the same technics and dimensions but with alterings regarding the whole bodywork and other improvements.It also seems possible for me, that the grill and the case are a unity now.

Unfortunately this car was never buildt,because Fiat ended it´s racing ambitions after winning the Monza race. So it´s up to us, to decide, what could be useful for our construction and what not.  Hannes

• Like 2

On 24/10/2016 at 6:55 AM, Olivier de St Raph said:

2- About the calender, he is sure it was molded in one piece which would mean that 7G and 31E should be in one piece. There would be just a painting separation (they let the calender in its juice, steel, and painted the rest of that piece). Which means that we should fill the joint between these 2 parts. This means too that the nuts on 31E sides are wrong and should be erased (what I'm gonna do). 

Dear Hannes,

maybe you are right, I was surprised to see this round end that does not correspond to the up of the grille shape. Notice also the round steering wheel, when the kit's one is very different.

Look what I said on last 24/10, about the one piece molded that you suggest... 

Best regards

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your interesting further findings. 

Meanwhile I ordered this book, it might contain some useful information. 

To those who are annoyed by these further deliberations on how to get a more correct representation of this subject (and I don't think those deliberations will end soon)... feel free to share your thoughts about my proposal to start a separate 'superdetailing thread'. 

• Like 2

7JKOss.png

2: 97,32 mm (91 mm on the kit)    3: 130 mm (?)    4: 100,3 mm (85 mm on the kit)    5: 81,8 mm (75 mm)    6: 69,86 mm (64,7 mm)  7: 149,27 mm (?)     8: 101,5 mm (86 mm!)     9: 31 mm (?)    10: 62,1 mm (65 mm)    11: 64,5 mm (?)     12: 138,5 mm (?)

• Like 2

I sent an MP to Rich (pt cruiser) who made the Protar kit, with the Protar tyres, asking him if he could make the same measures than me but on the model, to compare and help us (you?) to make the many changes. I don't know yet what I will decide. For sure, I'd like to make an as accurate model as possible, but I have to consider many things before making such a mad decision:

1) I don't want to divorce and my wife begins to get as mad as me with this build!

2) I am not retired (at all)

3) I don't want my build to last 2 years... :D

Roy, it's funny, I just saw this book this afternoon, wondering if I would order it. It was around 67€ on Amazon. Was it the price you paid? (I ask this because I also found it much more expensive...)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Olivier de St Raph said:

I sent an MP to Rich (pt cruiser) who made the Protar kit, with the Protar tyres, asking him if he could make the same measures than me but on the model, to compare and help us (you?) to make the many changes. I don't know yet what I will decide. For sure, I'd like to make an as accurate model as possible, but I have to consider many things before making such a mad decision:

1) I don't want to divorce and my wife begins to get as mad as me with this build!

2) I am not retired (at all)

3) I don't want my build to last 2 years... :D

I have a lot of respect for those three aspects! Whatever you do and to what extent you want to take this, trust me I'm already hooked on your build.

Roy, it's funny, I just saw this book this afternoon, wondering if I would order it. It was around 67€ on Amazon. Was it the price you paid?

I bought a new specimen on Ebay (from France...) for 32 euros + 19 euros shipping costs (yeah I know...); total amount wasn't bad. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Roy vd M. said:

I'm already hooked on your build.

Thanks very much Roy for your kind compliments. Not yet taken the time to go and see your previous works. In fact, didn't find the time to go on with my build, with this thread that takes me the few spare time I have (I don't complain about it).

9 hours ago, Roy vd M. said:

I bought a new specimen on Ebay (from France...) for 32 euros + 19 euros shipping costs (yeah I know...); total amount wasn't bad. 

Very good price! I think I'd have bought it too to such a good price. Hope you'll get it soon and that you'll find useful infos to share with us.

9 hours ago, Hannes said:

I´m  also working with my old Protar model and it´s tires.If you have any questions about the differences between the Protar and Italerti kit,,just ask me because I own them both

Sure Hannes, we need these comparisons. If you could make the precise measures of the same parameters than me, it would be very interesting and helpful to see the differences and so the corrections needed! I can make some of them, f.e the leaf springs, but for some others, we need to make measures on a finished model. I did not know you had built this Protar kit before.

P.S: I have added on the last drawing measures made on the kit in parentheses. When I put ?, it means I don't know this measure on the kit. This measure must be done on the finished model, so, if you or someone else can do them...

General advice by the way... never buy out-of-print stuff at Amazon unless it's really the only option you have. You'll not pay Amazon's price, it's resellers price. Same thing with retired Lego sets for example.

I found this on Ebay France... its €€44,60 + €8,25 for shipping, so including costs it's only one euro more than I paid for my specimen. 

Whether you order it or not, of course I'll share my findings in this thread. 

Edited by Roy vd M.
  • Like 2

Just like to say good luck to you all with your measuring. I do hope that you eventually come to some sort of conclusion and end up building.....Well, something at least.

I think it is a shame that this thread turned a little sour. I know Andi well and I know how dissapointed he will be feeling now.

I'm really looking forward to getting back on with my build now that the Summer is over in the UK. SMW this weekend will certainly be inspiring.

Andi, I hope you continue with your amazing model of the 806. I certainly find all that you do inspiring and consider you to be one of the bast auto modellers in the UK, at least !!

Atb, Steve.