1/144 & 1/72 - Polikarpov R-5/MR-5 "Natacha" by Arsenal Model Group (AMG) - 1/144 & 1/72 released - new 1/72 boxings

Homebee

A visit in the Arsenal Model Group (AMG) news homepage reveal CADs from a new tool Polikarpov R-5 project to be declined in 1/144th, 1/72nd (separate thread for 1/48th kit released in 2018: link) scales.

Source: http://amg-models.net/2017/01/17/polikarpov-r-5/

1521400157.png

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7

• 1 year later...

THE very good move ! Although old Parc/Aer/Encore (originally Apex) kit with its engraved surfaces wasn't all too bad.

Only these outline issues (wingtips, fin, top wing chord) were difficult to correct.

Waiting for the 72nd one (maybe two - depends on courtesy of my wallet)

Cheers

Michael

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 21.01.2017 at 4:40 AM, occa said:

They will totally win me over if they do at least a few of the many civilian variants also

Indeed - There is PR-5 which was massivly produced 

http://en.valka.cz/topic/view/189664/Polikarpov-PR-5

http://ram-home.com/ram-old/pr-5.html

The difference is mostly in fuselage... Are they going to do it also? If no I will do scratch conversion.

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

I'm dancing a happy dance :penguin: !

I have one pre- PARC in pieces (Apex) ,  one in the box. Both have taunted me for years to improve them (as JWM has done superbly on his builds).

A new 1/72 is going to be superb. I hope it is here before Christmas 2017. The 1/144 shots look lovely; beautiful detail.

PS: @dora, Are there still plans for 1/72 Bf109 A-D? I'm waiting on starting yet another (troublesome) Avis kit, in the hope there will be an AMG. 

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

Tony, although this issue is not about Messerschmitt... :)

Forms for Bf.109 in 1/72 are already doing. Hopefully in a month I'll have something to show...;)

Regards,

Eugen

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I am now eding construction of all available till now R-5/R-Z family (R-5 by Apex & MPM and R-Z by Special Hobby)

But I think I will buy the 1/72 AMG kit - just as therapy after all scratch improvments to current kits...

Cheers

J-W

• Like 2

On 9/4/2017 at 10:33 AM, JWM said:

I am now eding construction of all available till now R-5/R-Z family (R-5 by Apex & MPM and R-Z by Special Hobby)

But I think I will buy the 1/72 AMG kit - just as therapy after all scratch improvments to current kits...

Cheers

J-W

Hi Jerzy!!!!

Seem that after that huge job you have took improving those three oldies, you now know how the new kit must have been looking, or how many little job you would do to get the most of this new one!!! Thank you very much for sharing the link to here!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just bumping this thread to ask again whether there is any new information on these kits - I thought the 1/144 version would be available by now; possibly the 1/72 kit, too. Thank you in advance!

John

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dora said:

1/144 model will be available at the end of January.

1/48 shape in the manufacturing process. I hope, in February-March it will be possible to buy already.

In 1/72 is still unknown.

Hmmm - well, that's not good news. I'll probably buy the 1/144 kit when it's released; the images you've posted make it look extremely well detailed, but it's the 1/72 version that I'm really hoping for! But, good news or bad news, thank you for your reply! :thumbsup:

John

• 2 months later...