1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109G-12 by Arsenal Model Group (AMG) - released

Homebee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just so everyone is aware, this kit is based on the UM Bf-109G kit and it is very inaccurate in shape. It wil be worth to wait for the AML conversion or when Eduard releases their kit, or infact just do it yourself using the very nice Zvezda G-6 kit and the Jays Models canopy. That is exactly what I am doing but I used the OLD over-sized Eduard kit. Here is the link for the canopy and my build. I made the mistake of starting it with the UM kit also. I wound up switching to the Eduard fuselage only because I got four kits for free. I also show how to correct the dimensional mistakes on the old Eduard fuselage. If I had a choice to do it all over again I would have started with a Zvezda kit. There are just as many inaccuracies with the Eduard kit as there are with the UM/ICM kit. If Eduard ever comes out with  G-12 it will also be inaccurate because they will use the existing kit they manufacture as a base. The only acceptably accurate kits of the 109G are the Zvezda and Tamiya. The two faults that the Zvezda kyt has are10 lack of detail on lower surface of ailerons and 2) wingspan is 2mm too small on the wingspan(easily fixed).

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=131002&sid=fb51d4b204579ac561f553fc7c524302  http://www.jaysmodelkits.com/jaysmk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=102_104&products_id=1085

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Otakar
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109G-12 by Arsenal Model Group (AMG) - released