1/72 - Lockheed-Martin (K)F-16C Fighting Falcon (new tool) by Academy - released

Homebee

Nope - Korea.

I'd be surprised if there was much change from Academy's earlier #12418 boxing, however.

Cheers,

Andre

OK, now I zoomed in on it, see the markings. F-16s are like the '70s-'80s Chevy half ton trucks, everyone's had one at least once.

Yes, I am also quite curios what that 'New Tooling' is suppose to mean. Would they indeed abandon the investment made only some years ago in a quite detailed kit, just because some of us said the nose of the aircraft was off?! :winkgrin:

Or perhaps (as the MCP bit might suggest and a parallel I am drawing here to their F-4) the new motto at Academy is 'easy build' and the 'old' (K)F-16 doesn't fit the bill...?

We shall see, I guess :pirate:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't help feeling that the "multicolored parts" is a give away to the market it is aimed at, though if its up to the standard of the recent F-4J which also has multicolored parts I believe we may be pleasantly surprised.

Steve.

No no dont tell me, i wanna guess...another f16!!!Great!!That's what i've been always looking for! So now we have 10^3 f16 kits. I think i've seen more f16/f18/f15 kits than chinese people in my life. I just surrender, i cannot and i don't want to wait 40 years for new subjects.

Edited by OverTorque

That's right. Cos companies don't need to make money on constant sellers so they can afford to tool the more esoteric subjects do they? Sorry but this constant complaining about "another xyz" gets boring very quickly. Companies need a regular source of income to allow expansion or continued existence. They know what will sell the best and will therefore tool it!

So you think that companies can make money only with old gen fighter kit? The market wants new tools!!The problem is that companies don't listen and that's a fact!

By the way no problem, some of us will keep on modeling whereas others will stop (me).

I never said that, but if you offered someone new the choice between an F-16 or an F-107, which are people more likely to go for? You need the good repeat sellers to allow the new tools. One reason most companies do an F-16/Spitfire/P-51. They sell.

• 2 weeks later...