Does this Friulmodel ATL-06 set of metal tracks, match Tamiya's 1989 kit Tiger 1 Late version (35146)?

Housesparrow

I am having a difficult time finding metal tracks for this Tamiya 1 Late version kit I have in 1:35 scale, there seems to be various models, and it looks like the tiger tank versions had some differences to the wheels over time, I just don't know if those differences are cosmetic on a model or of the differences are more important that than fitting wise.

Does anyone know if the following product from Friulmodel (ATL-06) will match the wheels and such?

Here is an image of a product I think might match:

2mo2h3l.jpg

Edited by Housesparrow

And btw, according to Tamiya's website, the kit below is basically the same as the one I have, but this limited edition release apparently had a metal barrel and metal tracks included.

It makes me wonder what kind of metal tracks was included. Though, perhaps, if the metal tracks were as old as the kit's release (might not be true), then perhaps the quality wasn't the best. I guess the limited release might have come years later than 1989.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/metal_tiger/

Edited by Housesparrow

The early tiger used the ATL-25 mid/late used the ATL-6. The difference is the later ones have angled tread after the found the Tiger's lacked traction on softer surfaces.

Note the "grip" section on the what would effectually be the track pad

Early Tiger

7481059738_df03e80fbb_b.jpg

Late tiger

11hh3t4.jpg

Simple answer - I have used ATL-6 on Tamiya's 1/35 Tiger 1 (Late) and they fit perefctly! Tamiya also released a "Special Edition" some years ago and those were Friul ATL-6 in the box as well.

Buy and use with confidence.

Gary