1/48 - Chengdu J-20 "Mighty Dragon" by Trumpeter - released

Homebee

• 1 month later...

I won't pre order anymore the trumpeter's product before seeing the test build, my last purchase was their Mig-23, not that bad but it wasn't cheap and need some more aftermarket to complete the model, and the coming J-20 cost more, so I wanna see the details of this model first.

• Like 1

I have ordered from LM before and every once in a while they do a low price surface shipping deal.  I end up with quite the big package as I normally have a list of kits I "need" (and it takes a couple months to get it) but it has always been a good deal.  This is now on my list!  It strikes me as a weird looking stealth plane in that from the front it is stealthy but the engine cans are just are out there for all to see.

5 hours ago, Homebee said:

Beast mode

:D

seems scale modellers do not like clean stealthy fighters.  ;)

Has the J-20 been seen with external air to air missiles? I'd hope for some modern Chinese air to ground weapons as well....

but then, why did I not yet build the monster kit I already have??

;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, salomon said:

The "beast" name isn't accurate for that big and heavy fighter, J-20 dinosaur is better.😄

Monster mode? ;)

In order to stay with the topic...

Dynasaurs are reqlly extinct after all :D

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Chengdu J-20 "Mighty Dragon" by Trumpeter - released
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone.                         In box review. 

I’m not a fan of building out of the box, simply because once you get going you find…… or because of the modellers individual need for their project. So.

This week has seen myself take delivery of this BIG model, beast mode models look exceptionally nice to me, I’ve also bought the Dream Model 1/72 kit , that kit revolves around simply giving us modellers more missiles.

This kit goes big. I just thought I’d flesh out some of the things that I’m well pleased with.  Firstly this kit is eminently build able out of the box the level of overall detail is superb, and more importantly, if anything is wrong there’s no distractions from after market…….

Notable features: small brass etched set, lots of missiles, four fuel tanks (this could lead to a different looking beast that the boxing) , finally two types of exhaust nozzles, early Chinese engines or soon to be used up graded nozzle with stealth serrations. 

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.     😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1