Short 184 queston

Cezarek

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a model airplane Short 184 and I have a little problem. One of fellow forum in their model 1/32 applied metal mesh as the floor in the cabin of the aircraft. Can you confirm my intention to implement this element in the same way? Or someone can offer me another solution?
Cezary

Hi Cezary,

I have looked through the Datafile for the Short 184 and can find no reference to metal mesh in the cockpit. However, that does not, of course, mean that it definitely wasn't there... I certainly haven't put any in my 1:72 build and from what I can see in pics, the cockpit floor certainly looks to be wooden...

Ian

Thank you Ian,

I also think it could be wooden, because of the images of a survivor of the fuselage
plane. However, the colleague did your model so well and so thoroughly that I believe that there is no mistake. Maybe wooden plate was covered with a mesh?
The the best solution would be the answer from a creator of the model himself, but unfortunately colleague has not responded to any of my message.
Another solution would be an opinion of someone who was in the FAA museum at Yeovilton and saw the fuselage.
Cezary

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...