T-6 Texan Royal Laos Air Force, Luang Prabang, Laos, 1962

Hi Everyone

Just finished my latest `Secret War` build, in the shape of Hellers reissue of Occidentals 1/48 Texan

X1mMLjQ.jpg

Completed to represent one of the T-6s that were obtained for the Royal Laos Air Force by........

zaOwQaT.jpg

.. the Joint U S Military Assistance Group from the Royal Thai Air Force in exchange for 5 T-37s in 1961.

gjiVKDR.jpg

The kit is built mostly from what`s in the box with Seat Belts and Brake Pipes added although I did raise and tidy....

ZWX12HA.jpg

...the cockpit sill so that the open canopy sat better and aerial mast from a Tamiya Buffalo.

d5eh2La.jpg

The .303 Cal` Gun Pods were scratch built with odds and sods from the spares box, the Rockets I think came from...

XI2sWBq.jpg

... and Eduard Hellcat and the Decals were from the stash.

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking and have a great Christmas.

Cheers Russ

• Like 32

That's a cracking build.I need to get the same kit to build a british trainer that flew at RAF Newton and trained polish pilot's.I have the decals but got the wrong kit with wrong canopy frame.Doh.Nice back scene also.

Glyn

• Like 1

Hello,RussC - My compliments to you as usual on another fine looking build.,this time your 'Texan'. The scheme is exotic and so are her surroundings!! Seasons Greetings and all the very best to you,Paul.__

• Like 1

Nice build of an interesting subject. I like the background too. Excellent weathering á la tropics.

My father visited Luang Prabang in the early seventies on a business trip when the existence of the air base was still very much denied by the US military - he asked a cabbie what was true about the rumours, then the driver promptly took him there! Didn't take pics as the guards were quick to spot the taxi.

Jay

• Like 1

Another GREAT build Russ…….I've been doing a lot of research into the Secret War recently so my interest is peaked……..Thanks for sharing this…..

And Seasons Greetings to you too

Mark

• Like 1

Don't know why, I just have to read the topic's title to know the name of the poster.

Well done Russ.

Where did you get the decals?

Hi Antoine, Cheers, the decals are left overs from Hobbycrafts Vietnam Beaver and a Caracal T-28 set.