1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-9 "Fargo" by Mars Models - 3D renders+decals+box art - release in 2023 ?

Homebee

25 minutes ago, Mike Esposito said:

Hmmm. Since when did the PRC get the Mig 9?:idea:

Well, according to Wikipedia:

"Six divisions of MiG-9s, each with two regiments of 31 aircraft, were transferred to China in November–December 1950 for air defense and training duties. The 17th Guards Fighter Division (GIAD) defended Shenyang, the 20th Fighter Division (IAD) guarded Tangshan, and the 65th IAD protected Guangzhou. The 144th IAD defended Shanghai, the 309th guarded Gongzhuling and the 328th IAD protected Peking. These units later handed their aircraft over to the 6th, 7th, 12th, 14th, 16th, and 17th Fighter Divisions of the People's Liberation Army Air Force when their training was complete. The Chinese considered sending their MiG-9s to Korea in 1951 under Soviet pressure, but reconsidered when the PLAAF commanders reported that they believed that it would be better to retrain MiG-9 pilots on MiG-15s."

Survivors located in China include:

- White 30 at the Chinese Aviation Museum, Datangshan, Beijing, China

- Blue 86104 at the Beijing Air and Space Museum at Beihang University in Beijing, China

- A fuselage was photographed in 2007 and 2011 stored outdoors in downtown Beijing, China near Beihang University

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 18/02/2017 at 15:44, Mike Esposito said:

Hmmm. Since when did the PRC get the Mig 9?:idea:

Source: http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_61734.html

Source: http://chuansong.me/n/891488051261

Source: http://www.skybird-ev.de/tour/china/pekuniversity/fe-beijinguniversity-d.html

86104.jpg

mikoyan-gurevich-mig-9-8453c688-406a-4f5

1634607-large.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 2

This will be a good seller worldwide. The Mig-9 was a step forward in jet design and the genesis for the Mig-15. There are reports of combat with USAF F-86's in 1954 over Korea--reports of encounters with "straight-winged" Migs later identified as PLAAF Mig-9s.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Had a look at the Facebook page and on 15th May 2018 they wrote, "...Yes, we delay the production of some kits, because found a lot of additional info about prototypes... MiG-9... redesigned also, but don't worry, all announced projects will be released." So at least they are taking their time to get it correctly rendered and in the meantime I'll just work on my ever-growing stash :) 

• Like 3

Found one in Polish A.F. Markings recently so count me in for at least one. 

Dennis

EDIT: seems i was incorrect it was a Yak-23 i saw. Very similar layout so that was why i mistook it. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Col. said:

Had a look at the Facebook page and on 15th May 2018 they wrote, "...Yes, we delay the production of some kits, because found a lot of additional info about prototypes... MiG-9... redesigned also, but don't worry, all announced projects will be released." So at least they are taking their time to get it correctly rendered and in the meantime I'll just work on my ever-growing stash :) 

I saw something similar on a Russian Web forum. Used Google Translator. 

Too bad it was 1.5 years ago.....🤔

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-9 "Fargo" by Mars Models - 3D renders+decals+box art - release in 2022 ?
  • 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-9 "Fargo" by Mars Models - 3D renders+decals+box art - release in 2023 ?