1/48 F-89 Scorpion pictures (finaly)

robvd

Hi all,

it took me a little while but with the help of one of my friends I finaly managed to post a few pictures of my 1/48 F-89 Scorpion from Monogram.

It was build on commission and it was build straight out of the box with the exception of home made seatbelts and a aftermarket decals sheet.

The metal effect was painted with a combination of Alcad II and the new Ak metal paint the other colors are from Gunze and a little wash from Mig products.

I hope you like it.

DSC01601_zpsukwqcf9w.jpgIMG_20151010_113021_zpsu1etvcjz.jpgDSC01600_zpsakgoqjs8.jpgDSC01599_zpszp5dks0e.jpgDSC01597_zpsdgezg8jp.jpgDSC01596_zpsqq4kw8tm.jpgDSC01594_zpsbdx7ruxa.jpg

• Like 41

Hello,Robvd - My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your 'Scorpion'.I love the quality of the paint and finishing work and she looks resplendent in your chosen scheme.A fine tribute to this charismatic type.All the best,Paul.

Thank you all for the nice replies.

Andrew the kit has raised panels and no rivets. When I build one for my own i will propably scribe it and add Rivets .

I recently started this on my Buccaneer thanks to a friend of mine(dank je Jeroen en Rene) since then I am completely hooked

Well, it was well worth the wait!

Your Scorpion is plain smashing!!!

Congratulations

JR

Thank you all for the nice replies.

Andrew the kit has raised panels and no rivets. When I build one for my own i will propably scribe it and add Rivets .

I recently started this on my Buccaneer thanks to a friend of mine(dank je Jeroen en Rene) since then I am completely hooked

Looking great - I love this beast anyway....your markings are very nice too.

If you do one for yourself and rescribe the panel lines: The panels left and right below the cockpit with the 'NO STEP' stencils inside are (so I have heard) all of the same size and do not get smaller downwards.

Great looking model. I have a 1:72 to build and I can't get over how big this aircraft is. I've seen one of these built up and I almost thought it was 1:32.

Someone once commented that everything was big on these except the engines!

Thanks for sharing.

Mark