Klear..Pledge new stuff.

huvut76g7gbbui7

Agree I turned to Humbrol Clear. airbrushed I have not had any problems. If you want more gloss just add more coats. It is very thin and so does not affect the detail work.

This is a first class video of how to use it.

Laurie

• Like 1

I use the Pledge Multi-Surface Wax in the airbrush, and I really like it. It just works out as a very cheap satin or gloss varnish. But, I agree that the new formula doesn't seem to agree with brush painting, I only use it as a general varnish, to seal decals and other weathering in.

For those living in the UK, what product can I buy in the local supermarket for cleaning my airbrush after using original Klear. Nothing seems to contain ammonia anymore, just vinegar!

After reading this and some other things I've heard, is Future not made anymore? I am in the United States, I guess it's called Klear in the UK. I still have the big bottle I bought 10 years ago, and it works great. It's labeled as "Future" and is a clear liquid, not milky looking like some of the glosses I've seen on the internet labeled as "Klear" or "Pledge". In the US, Pledge is actually furniture polish. I still have quite a bit left, but when I do run out, is it not available? Can't remember seeing it at the store lately, however, I haven't really looked either.

Pledge bought out Future - these have always been brand names owned by S.C. Johnson Co. This product is still found on shelves across North America, just includes Pledge's logo. I don't know if the formula was altered, but I have seen some modeler's claim that it is not as good as the original. Myself, if I had to say anything about the comparison between old and new, I'd say it seems to be thinner - maybe it has been 'watered down"?

There is also now two versions, and I think the tile/vinyl is the one modelers mainly use.

k2-_a5fd98d9-48ce-488b-8f76-8201f40d5276k2-_33c764f3-c0ab-4783-a7de-7a0b8df6ba86

regards,

Jack

edit, after this find-

Very informative webpage dedicated to the product (and hobbyists) here, and claim no change to formula:

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Edited by JackG

Hi Texan76,

I use Winsor and Newton artist acrylic matt and gloss varnishes, and they are good. You can occasionaly find Klear in some discount shops if you still want to use it. Lakeland make a similar product some modellers say is just as good as the original Klear.

Best Wishes,

Will.

Hi Texan76,

I use Winsor and Newton artist acrylic matt and gloss varnishes, and they are good. You can occasionaly find Klear in some discount shops if you still want to use it. Lakeland make a similar product some modellers say is just as good as the original Klear.

Best Wishes,

Will.

Thanks Will. Is that the same stuff Bobby Waldron uses in his videos "Matte UV Varnish"? I can obtain W & N products at my local art store.

Hi Texan,

This is the gloss version of the stuff I use. I get it at my local Hobbyland. Winsor and Newton's Galleria range is good too. I dilute it with a little Vallejo or Ultimate Thinners and them airbrush it onto my models.

Best Wishes,

Will.

http://www.winsornewton.com/uk/shop/oils-solvents-mediums-and-varnishes/artists-acrylic-gloss-uv-varnish-4-22-us-fl-oz-125ml-bottle-3030929