Disney/Hasbro Millennium Falcon

Viper78

Hi all, I've finally got my hands on this large Millennium Falcon and I was wondering if any of you guys have used it for a build? If so have you any threads or photo's I could reference?

I'm planning painting it, adding landing gear and would like to add parts to the side walls. I'm also thinking of making a new dish to match the new one in The Force Awakens.

For any Star Wars fans who haven't seen the film yet, you won't be disappointed. It's brilliant :thumbsup:

No worries chief. Sorry I didn't add any further comment as I was using my phone and it was being an bottom.

I've been considering doing the same as yourself and somewhat regret not picking one up when Argos were doing them for £30. Not sure I could justify the cost of the resin set though.

Maybe I'll mangle the ERTL one I have instead.

It works out about 1:48 scale. There are a couple of ways to go with the aftermarket stuff as Noel has done in the build thread above. Randy Cooper has a resin set with PE for the engine grill and covers. Shapeways also have a selection of 3D printed parts. Either way it's not a cheap build!

Cheers,

Warren

Aye I know what you mean. I looked at the reviews when it was on sale in Argos and thought it was a piece of crap. Really wish I'd gone for it, just bought one from ebay for £50 and I have to say as a toy it is rubbish but a great start for a model.

I've got a ERTL cut away Falcon which I need to complete, they are good kits and the resin parts aren't too pricey.

It works out about 1:48 scale. There are a couple of ways to go with the aftermarket stuff as Noel has done in the build thread above. Randy Cooper has a resin set with PE for the engine grill and covers. Shapeways also have a selection of 3D printed parts. Either way it's not a cheap build!

Cheers,

Warren

Thanks Warren, I'll have a look for those parts.

They are. I have access to several 3D printers and a laser cutter or two via work so I could do the parts myself on the cheap but I can't afford the time investment. Maybe I'll set myself the challenge at some point...or not bother as I've just clicked 'buy' on the Bandai one. £31 with shipping. Cheers easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as the details are a mix of the 5 foot Falcon and the 32 inch one , im going my own way on mine. Im aiming for the "feel" of the Falcon and using old kit parts to detail mine. Its superb fun and so much cheaper for those of us on a budget. I will start a new build thread if anyones interested?

Edited by gunpowder17
  • Like 1

Seeing as the details are a mix of the 5 foot Falcon and the 32 inch one , im going my own way on mine. Im aiming for the "feel" of the Falcon and using old kit parts to detail mine. Its superb fun and so much cheaper for those of us on a budget. I will start a new build thread if anyones interested?

I'd like to see that!

I've not started mine yet. I have a cutaway falcon in the loft which has been on hold for about 5 years and various other kits sitting in boxes waiting to get built. I really struggle to find the time to build them but I'm very keen to get this big Falcon built.