This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Ripaman

1:24 scale AEC Matador 0854 with Coles Crane

Wow, it's really take shape now. Loving this build!

Hi Alpha, yes it is taking shape

A master class in scratch build . . . :thumbsup:

Very nice of you to say thanks

Made the roof out of .030 sheet, did not bend in a jig, will just glue it on later.

IMG_0353_zpsmaehdgxk.jpg[/url]

IMG_0354_zpsx8rggxn3.jpg[/url]

IMG_0355_zpsv5ajp4by.jpg[/url]

Here with some clamps on

IMG_0360_zpsz9lykzha.jpg[/url]

Went back to the main crane and added detail, put in the holes in the back weight, safety switch on the front, added the wiring, some bolts and handles for the doors etc so now this can be painted.

IMG_0374_zpswyb152be.jpg[/url]

IMG_0375_zpstaaqwvbj.jpg[/url]

IMG_0396_zpsjbenqxn1.jpg[/url]

IMG_0377_zpspjx27jky.jpg[/url]

IMG_0397_zpsixnleili.jpg[/url]

Regards

Richard

This has really come together !!!!!!!!!!!! Will look amazing with a coat of paint on it too !!!!!!!!!!!

Still hooked

Nige

Lovely bit of modelling, very neat and tidy

Hi Kev thanks for looking in, do like the looks of the Matador and Crane

This has really come together !!!!!!!!!!!! Will look amazing with a coat of paint on it too !!!!!!!!!!!

Still hooked

Nige

Thanks Nige getting closer, received some primer paint for the Mig Paint so should be soon.

Getting closer to finishing the Coles Crane part I made the Hook Block, need it to be a little havey so that it would look right when I add the wire so I went with brass, all parts are workable.

This is what I wanted it to look like,

IMG_6764_zpsp1qwglot.jpg[/url]

Started with the sheave, made the first one to big

IMG_0404_zpsopglhlby.jpg[/url]

IMG_0408_zpsafytgznr.jpg[/url]

IMG_6960_zpsurehfa87.jpg[/url]

IMG_6961_zpsxug8udqt.jpg[/url]

IMG_6962_zpsycplsa7u.jpg[/url]

That it for now,

Regards

Richard

Loving the engineering that you are putting into this !!!!!!!!!!!!! I take it you have a full milling machine and lathe ???????? That hook is a work of art on its own !!!!!!!!!

And as you say this will give any wire or rope you use a proper hang !!!!!!!

Nige

Okay I have to know.....how on earth did you make that hook? It looks absolutely gorgeous! Your whole project is beyond great, it's really a masterclass in modelling and I'd like to thank you on behalf of everyone here for posting all this.

Edited by TGA

Modelling on a totally different level . . . :hypnotised: it looks brill

Thanks a lot Mancunian just love this type of modeling

Absolutely awesome workmanship! You are are very skillful engineer.

Looking forward to the next instalment.

Hi Alpha did my welding and fabrication apprenticeship in Poole Dorset

Getting there Richard,superb work!

It coming Steve trying to get it done before June

Loving the engineering that you are putting into this !!!!!!!!!!!!! I take it you have a full milling machine and lathe ???????? That hook is a work of art on its own !!!!!!!!!

And as you say this will give any wire or rope you use a proper hang !!!!!!!

Nige

Hi Nige, I have the Sherline Lathe and Milling machine which are brilliant machines

IMG_5972.jpg[/url]

IMG_5958.jpg[/url]

Okay I have to know.....how on earth did you make that hook? It looks absolutely gorgeous! Your whole project is beyond great, it's really a masterclass in modelling and I'd like to thank you on behalf of everyone here for posting all this.

Hi TGA, started the hook by looking at the picture and notice it was very close to the scale of 1:24 so I just traced around it then transferred this to a 3/4" square brass

6920e5bd-5a32-4c84-8145-c4f06b12c05a_zps[/url]

IMG_0429_zpszy49hsls.jpg[/url]

Then I milled around my marking, parted it off on the lathe this is what is left.

IMG_0417_zpsvgo3fotq.jpg[/url]

Then I used my Turbo Carver with a dental bit and carver the shape, then after that it was just filing

IMG_1191.jpg[/url]

86d7696a-3165-4f91-9e9e-a114a30d3759_zps[/url]

This took approx 2.5 hours to make the hook, not sure if it to scale but I think it is very close.

Regards

Richard

Thanks for this explanation Richard! Who cares if it's exactly to scale, it looks marvellous!

Thanks for this explanation Richard! Who cares if it's exactly to scale, it looks marvellous!

Thanks alot TGA

Words fail me :yikes::thumbsup:

Brodie thanks for looking in on my project

Thanks very much for these pictures, will use some to finish off some of the items, I think this is the early cab, has anyone got pictures of the later one??

Used the picture which I used to make the crane hook to make the lifting beam, made it to be 6" in depth, the clamp bracket moves at this moment so until I mount it to engine I will see where it should go.

IMG_6966_zpsjkspzova.jpg[/url]

IMG_6969_zpscfhj8ayd.jpg[/url]

IMG_0438_zpsle3bhwl8.jpg[/url]

Thanks for looking in,

Regards

Richard

It will be based on the centre of gravity of the real engine as a purpose made frame for that engine likely ! Your model engine will have its own centre of gravity you will need to check and maybe alter to get the look right ! Maybe a weight added here or there inside to get it looking like the photo !

Nige

It will be based on the centre of gravity of the real engine as a purpose made frame for that engine likely ! Your model engine will have its own centre of gravity you will need to check and maybe alter to get the look right ! Maybe a weight added here or there inside to get it looking like the photo !

Nige

Hi Nige, thinking of drilling a hole in the bottom of the engine and filling it with lead then hopefully CoG right.

Just :wow::worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Thanks Sgt can't believe it has been a month since I updated.

Well time for an update, have been working on my project, just been lazy to take some pictures :doh:

Started to add the detail to rear wheels

IMG_0649_zpsmo4c8wxg.jpg[/url]

IMG_0659_zpsm2sriqgo.jpg[/url]

Then made the brackets to hold the back hook

IMG_0443_zpszywzci4x.jpg[/url]

Then went back to do some more detail to the cab, added the air filter as per the pictures Rich posted

IMG_0638_zpstjs7d3bc.jpg[/url]

IMG_0639_zpscmxckgnb.jpg[/url]

IMG_0446_zpsrjztbzab.jpg[/url]

IMG_0633_zpsizr9agzc.jpg[/url]

Did not like my first attempt on the seats, again this was looking at the pictures so here is the second go.

IMG_0641_zpsyns0fhm9.jpg[/url]

IMG_0646_zpsfqlioglz.jpg[/url]

IMG_0644_zpsa83enxx2.jpg[/url]

That it for now,

Regards

Richard

Edited by Ripaman

I don't know how I managed to miss this build so far Richard. This is really amazing work. I am also impressed by your work space: it's not a man cave but a man cathedral :winkgrin:

The Typhoon is a looker too.

:analintruder:

Just gets better and better Richard,beautiful work on the cab detailing too!

I assume you have a lathe, vertical and horizontal milling machines, laser cutting machine, water jet cutting machine, 3D printers, Ion drive flux capacitors, magnetic plasma containment fields and some technology known only to time-travellers from the 24th Century.....

Well, with this material, the result is totally pro :wow: , and all the work I do is live up trash, :hanging: envy .... lol :winkgrin:

OK, I'll follow along, this is really cool.