1:24 scale AEC Matador 0854 with Coles Crane

Ripaman

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2017 at 9:55 AM, Mancunian airman said:

I am intrigued as to the progress of this Richard, it was going so well . . . . .

Ian

Hi Ian,

Will be back on it soon, playing with the Typhoon at the moment.

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
20 hours ago, Kirk said:

Is it nearly 'soon' yet?

Wow that has been a long soon :think: can't believe over 2 years has gone by Kirk, got into a good book and now it sits waiting for me to finish :fingerscrossed:

Now putting all pictures back into WIP using imageshack

Anyway thanks for reminding me Kirk

Regards

Richard

• 3 years later...

Hope you dont mind Richard but here is my converted 35th scale 4x4 Matador to the 6x6 matador refuelling vehicle  . . . (Photo's of the not quite finished model)

Scratch-AEC-Camouflage-3.jpg

Scratch-AEC-Camouflage-2.jpg

Its not got the intricate detail yours has Rich but as a basic modeller, I'm happy with it.

I look forward to seeing the photos re-appearing and reading through the build again  . . .

Ian

Edited by Mancunian airman
  • Like 6

Don't mind at all Ian you had done an excellent job of the refueling Matador it will go well with your Lancaster :thumbsup:

Regards

Richard 

Well put all the pictures back in now have to find time to start back on it, don't think it needs to much work to finish off :hmmm:

Regards

Richard

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just found your epic journey..........wow.

If your still looking  for Coles pictures, there is a Thornycroft Amazon Walk round  posted on tinternet by grubbyfingersshop.com and almost half the pics are of a 'naked' mk7 Coles.

All four 6v batteries are mounted under seats, according to the drivers manual. (4WD).

Looking forward to the next instalment...........

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2021 at 7:17 AM, greenmadengineer said:

Just found your epic journey..........wow.

If your still looking  for Coles pictures, there is a Thornycroft Amazon Walk round  posted on tinternet by grubbyfingersshop.com and almost half the pics are of a 'naked' mk7 Coles.

All four 6v batteries are mounted under seats, according to the drivers manual. (4WD).

Looking forward to the next instalment...........

Steve

Hi Steve thanks for looking in and also thank you for the website there are some nice pictures of the machinery inside the coles crane, do you have a the drivers manual and if so where can you get a copy? would be nice to see what the 6V batteries look like and size.

Regards

Richard

HI Richard

The drivers manual was a free download from   cupdf.com_aec-matador-drivers-handbook.pdf  hope the link still works.

There are no pictures of the batteries in their correct place, only in a temp box where the cab rear will go. Will shout if I find anything better.

Steve

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 11:01 PM, greenmadengineer said:

HI Richard

The drivers manual was a free download from   cupdf.com_aec-matador-drivers-handbook.pdf  hope the link still works.

There are no pictures of the batteries in their correct place, only in a temp box where the cab rear will go. Will shout if I find anything better.

Steve

Hi Steve can you explain "only in a temp box where the cab rear will go" :hmmm:

Regards

Richard

On 7/28/2021 at 12:21 PM, Stickframe said:

Hi Richard, 

I'm certainly pleased to see that you started positng on this again - great project, and really a pleasure to go through the full build log.  Very insipiring work.

Cheers

Nick 

Thanks Nick for stopping by and your nice comment :thumbsup2:

Regards

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 7:08 PM, Ripaman said:

Hi Steve can you explain "only in a temp box where the cab rear will go" :hmmm:

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard

Sorry for the delay in responding, all work and no play at the moment.  The picture in the drivers handbook shows a rear view of a cabless ( but with floor,engine cover and front panel) two axle Matador, with the 4 batteries mounted transversely across the chassis just to the rear of the cab, in a fairly substantial box. I presumed that this was a temp. assembly prior to fitting the cab and body.  The batteries appear to end up fitted under the front row of seats in the body. ie under the gunners seats.

Sadly this won't help you. I can't find any pictures or references to batteries on the 3axle chassis, and I don't think the box you have beside the fuel tank is big enough for the batteries. In the picture I have, the battery box is almost the full width of the chassis at the rear of the cab.

Steve

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...