1:24 scale AEC Matador 0854 with Coles Crane

Ripaman

I don't know how I managed to miss this build so far Richard. This is really amazing work. I am also impressed by your work space: it's not a man cave but a man cathedral :winkgrin:

The Typhoon is a looker too.

:analintruder:

Hi Julian glad you like what I'am doing, yes I do love my Man Cathedral but did make it so my wife can join in too. will get back to the Typhoon when this is finished.

The incredible work continues, Richard! Such awesome workmanship and attention to detail.

Thanks very much Alpha it is coming along do tend to be a bit slow on the build

Just gets better and better Richard,beautiful work on the cab detailing too!

Glad you like it Steve, trying to capture the look of the Matador

I assume you have a lathe, vertical and horizontal milling machines, laser cutting machine, water jet cutting machine, 3D printers, Ion drive flux capacitors, magnetic plasma containment fields and some technology known only to time-travellers from the 24th Century.....

:rofl: first to items yes, last item :hmmm:images_zps3c3a80ff.jpg[/url]

Well, with this material, the result is totally pro :wow: , and all the work I do is live up trash, :hanging: envy .... lol :winkgrin:

Thanks Francis

OK, I'll follow along, this is really cool.

Thanks for looking in Rich, do like the look of this

The combination of the excellent KFS pieces with your itchy scratchy engineering compliment each other perfectly.

Still hooked

Nige

Hi Nige, yes you are right KFS do a brilliant job on their models would have bought the Matador as well but they had none in stock, I have cut, added and reshaped to make it look like the frame and I am glad to have made a cab and crane from scratch, been a lot of fun.

Here is a couple of pic's with the roof on, will glue this on once I have painted inside cap, would the colour be the same Olive Drab or do I go with grey??

CJq8rP.jpg

yOyH6b.jpg

M14SjR.jpg

9GJyOf.jpg

Went back to the boom and added the light up on the top and then added the plate to show operator the angle of boom when raising up.

AWXCB5.jpg

Q8RW72.jpg

OgEerJ.jpg

Added the pointer and received some primer from AK and primed the man crane body, had a couple of runs which I think was due to thinning the paint to much.

X3pVNX.jpg

6Dpupe.jpg

IHDhPN.jpg

Well that's it for now,

Regards

Richard

• Like 7

glad you are still going with this one!

I'm sorry I was never able to get over and photograph that real one I mentioned all those months ago for you :-(

But unless they actually own one and spot any errors, I think the casual observer will still think it looks amazing!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2016 at 12:46 AM, FrancisGL said:

Really amazing progress, cheers RIchard

Thanks Francis, progress has been a little slow

On 4/2/2016 at 1:25 PM, brianthemodeller said:

It is a real pleasure to watch model engineering of this quality.

That is very nice of you to say Brian

On 4/2/2016 at 10:21 PM, RichO said:

Really great scratching!

Hi Rich same to you mate

On 4/3/2016 at 8:23 AM, richdlc said:

glad you are still going with this one!

I'm sorry I was never able to get over and photograph that real one I mentioned all those months ago for you 😞

But unless they actually own one and spot any errors, I think the casual observer will still think it looks amazing!!

No worries Rich, just looked at a lot of pictures and scaling off a 1:48 model and has you say I don't think anyone will know

On 4/3/2016 at 8:36 AM, Carius said:

:clap: Bravo, Bravo...

Thanks Carius

On 4/3/2016 at 10:16 PM, frankie said:

WOW :banghead:

Thanks for looking in Frankie

Finished off the rear pintle hook and brackets, still have the latch to make, used bolts and nuts from scale hardware

v4KG4j.jpg

CyyjUC.jpg

Then made the fuel and air tanks

ixpwi8.jpg

MG0AOn.jpg

86nBJ8.jpg

V0gRAl.jpg

5uzsyg.jpg

0Y79jG.jpg

UTEZ6K.jpg

Starting to look like a AEC Matador with Coles Crane

TXkbM3.jpg

Until next time

Regards

Richard

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2016 at 11:16 AM, Carius said:

Fantastic work indeed.

On 4/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, RichO said:

This is really great stuff!

On 4/16/2016 at 10:11 PM, Gremlin56 said:

Really amazing work.

On 4/16/2016 at 11:32 PM, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Your skills continue to amaze and impress!

On 4/17/2016 at 1:32 AM, Mancunian airman said:

More than skillful, its a Masterclass :clap:

Thanks alot Guys, not been on much lately, yard work etc etc, oh and camping, when you only get about 5 months in between winter you have to get out.

Will have been doing some work on the Matador, going to build as best I can to the picture below.

EHafyS.jpg

I started to build the deck, not sure if this is correct but it looks Ok to me

fGKmmE.jpg

eDAWOn.jpg

GMEfls.jpg

Changed the fuel tank, made it smaller because I need to make cupboards which mount after the fuel tank

NTxaI4.jpg

Also started on the Generator, then made the sides with louvers, I made a jig out of ebony and brass to get the shape of the louver, took a few goes but in the end it came out not to bad.

dIevSS.jpg

C8980C.jpg

c4RE1c.jpg

1Q4mOz.jpg

Took awhile to get it right here are the scrap pieces

CcmKRb.jpg

QcGcO9.jpg

GRqkRn.jpg

Anyone have some pictures of what is inside????

cBxPCJ.jpg

qa2FlM.jpg

Well that's it for now,

Regards

Richard

• Like 9

Every forum should have a scratch builder to show the kit bashers how inept they are and leaving them feeling worthless :coolio: great stuff to watch... feeling worthless Lancashire.

• Like 4

Every forum should have a scratch builder to show the kit bashers how inept they are and leaving them feeling worthless :coolio: great stuff to watch... feeling worthless Lancashire.

I am running out of superlatives!

By the same token, every froum needs a random superlative generator for when we mere mortals' vocabularies run dry.

• Like 1