Tamiya 1/35 British LRDG Command Car

My second ever Armour kit just had to be the Tamiya LRDG command car. You get a lot of plastic for your money with a lot going on.

It's more or less built out the box and took just 3 weeks to build.

I didn't use all seven figures but then that's not really a practical option but I did use the "leaning guy" creatively and have him up on the rear gun.

Just to say... as with all my builds, historical accuracy is not a big concern of mine.

Great kit and despite being old still builds up well.

A bit dull out for taking photos but I hope you Approve of the results, enjoy...

DT12_zpsdlxhgt5s.jpg

DT15_zpsty20qd7f.jpg

DT16_zpslwydm7nm.jpg

DT18_zpsmgehufvr.jpg

DT19_zpsbuqokfex.jpg

DT20_zpsu2sdwdh5.jpg

DT21_zpsxuyrbrft.jpg

DT22_zpsockzp4mo.jpg

DT24_zpspuvreao1.jpg

DT25_zpssvcagtcz.jpg

• Like 11

I remember building the LRDG as a teenager. I don't recall all these figures though. I think I must have had the 'non-command car' version, with maybe just a driver and crewmate. It was a lovely kit though, and so, it appears, is this one. A nice job.

i understand its a joint boxing of three kits. you still get the car/truck with driver and gunner. you also get one spruce of oil drums, fuel cans and equipment plus a set of five masterbox figures. you are still given the original instructions from the kit you are talking about plus separate ones for the other parts.

Great build. Just love the look of the LRDG vehicles. So busy looking. I keep considering modelling some LRDG but have never seemed to get around to it!

One little thing I've noticed is the .50 cal MG mount is the wrong way around. It should be 'bent' with the top towards the gunner so the gun can elevate a little further.

One little thing I've noticed is the .50 cal MG mount is the wrong way around. It should be 'bent' with the top towards the gunner so the gun can elevate a little further.

well spotted, it's actually a deliberate mistake to allow the whole set-up to go together with minimal leg room needed for the figure !!!! :whistle: