1/32 Fokker D.VII (Alb) Wingnuts

Hi there;
Here is my latest kit build. It is my first 1:32 scale Wingnuts.
I spent 6 months working in this project. Amazing kit!!
Here are some pictures of the finished model.

IMG_1405_zpsctuz7n5t.jpg
IMG_1404_zpsgkseiz18.jpg
IMG_1402_zps0n776tmy.jpg
IMG_1401_zpsa3qmxazy.jpg
IMG_1400_zpsvuytotqv.jpg
IMG_1397_zpset62zzsu.jpg
IMG_1396_zps6kykwjwh.jpg
IMG_1393_zpsnaxrqjgl.jpg
IMG_1392_zpsxbyyubvt.jpg
Cheers!
Edited by Zarichta
  • Like 20

A lovely well finished model, Im a big WW fan myself ,

Have you tried painting over the rad grill with very thin matt black ,still allowing the white to show through?.

That would really bring it out, making sure the white is fully cured first !.

• Like 1

Thank you guys!!

First, it is my first post here. I'm from Brazil and sorry for any mistake in English here.

Kuro;

I painted the exhaust pipe with the XF79 mixing iron oxid. Applied by brush. Very very easy.

Don;

I'm a fan too. The models are amazing!

About the rad grill, good tip! Thanks! As my first 1/32 WWI model, I'll definitely try this tip in the next model.

Thank you Bigglesof266!!

Really thanks Jckspratt1!

I spent about 1 and 2 hours daily working in it. I agree and confirm: it was time well spent!

John, thanks.

The decal are amazing. Easy easy application. It just use water.

This job are accessible at this link: http://ratomodeling.forumeiros.com/t245-fokker-d-vii-alb-wingnutwings-1-32

(sorry, but it is in Portuguese).

Cheers!

You've done a grande job on this model - I've built one of these WNW Fok DVII in the past so know this is not the easiest of Wingnut's kits to get together,

I had experienced some problems in the nose area with both the chin and side cowling panels. How did you get on in this area?

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

You've done a grande job on this model - I've built one of these WNW Fok DVII in the past so know this is not the easiest of Wingnut's kits to get together,

I had experienced some problems in the nose area with both the chin and side cowling panels. How did you get on in this area?

Regards

Dave

Hello Dave, thank you!!
Yes, I had some small problems with these panels. Before the white paint, I adjusted the side panels with nail file. The upper panels had more problems, but the version Nichten don't need them. I got lucky with this version.
Another little part complicated is the landing gear. It is little stiff.
But it was a great learning experience!
Cheers!

Hello Zarichta - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Fokker DVII'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and she is a resplendent tribute to the type.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hello Zarichta - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Fokker DVII'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and she is a resplendent tribute to the type.All the best,Paul.

Thank you Paul!!
Cheers!
  • Like 1

Thank you Paul!!

Cheers!

You're more than welcome.She's not a subject I could imagine myself building but I can admire and appreciate a fine build no matter what the subject. Your input and skills have produced a model to be very proud of.All the best,Paul.
  • Like 1

You're more than welcome.She's not a subject I could imagine myself building but I can admire and appreciate a fine build no matter what the subject. Your input and skills have produced a model to be very proud of.All the best,Paul.

Thank you for your words Paul.
Cheers!