I brought this kit last year from the bargain bucket in my local model shop, I have finally got around to building it. As you can see it's gone together quite quickly, hence these are the first photos of my build. I'm going to build it as one of the Lynx's at Bessbrook mill, south Armagh Northern Ireland as this was the only way to travel in the 90's "well in style anyway" Im going to paint the troops that are in the kit in DPM and have also brought PJ production Lynx

Crew to fly it.

e09ed7587a7ae9b4f9210af0a0b647bb_zpsogew

38cb8a5683207e421b944948fea95942_zps86n9

394fff1d5fd3da2c5e27c8db142339cd_zpsdby3

Thanks for looking.

• Like 7

I shall watch this with great interest as I have two of them in my to do stash, having served over the water being a refueller for a few years. I always was amazed by how much oil leaked from them. If my memory serves me correct they were allocated pans 3,4 & 5. I wish you all the very best of luck in your build.

• Like 1

Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

Sadly no personal reference photos, as I only had a 35mm camera and looking through my album I only took one of a Lynx on the HLS in the early evening. The kit it's self is very nice and fits really well, I've had no issues yet.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy,

I think I might have quite a few pictures of the Lynx in N.I. is there anything in particular you wanted to look at or just general reference shots. Let me know if I can be of any help in your build.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy,

I think I might have quite a few pictures of the Lynx in N.I. is there anything in particular you wanted to look at or just general reference shots. Let me know if I can be of any help in your build.

Thanks Beefy, I don't have a specific ac, I do remember one I went in had a fast rope attachment that I'm going to try and replicate. Any photos you have would be much appreciated.

Here are some photos;

The last set by me are of an example, taken in N.I., in your time period;

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234915893-westland-lynx-armymarines-versions/

Black Knight, thanks for the link very useful.

Looking good, thanks for the heads up re the JP crew, I wan't aware of them. Another purchase me thinks...

Colin

Thanks colin,

They popped up in a search, it says a Royal Navy Lynx crew but these guys have been press ganged into the Army.

Oh, kicking and screaming hopefully!!

Once Navy, always Navy!!

Jeff

I won't tell them their roots, saying that you were always guaranteed your pick up in bad weather if it was the Navy flying.

• Like 1

Very true indeed. My brother related a story of his time in NI (that's where we're from) when his patrol called up for the damn useless crabs to come and pick them up only to have some kind of:-

"I say, sorry old bean but the weathers a bit too much for us so we won't be able to pick you up, awfully sorry and all but let me tell you about the battle of Britain..." excuse.

Then moments later out of the clag came two Navy junglies and picked them up. Hooray for the Navy!!!

Like I said, once Navy, always Navy!!!!

• Like 2

Very true indeed. My brother related a story of his time in NI (that's where we're from) when his patrol called up for the damn useless crabs to come and pick them up only to have some kind of:-

"I say, sorry old bean but the weathers a bit too much for us so we won't be able to pick you up, awfully sorry and all but let me tell you about the battle of Britain..." excuse.

Then moments later out of the clag came two Navy junglies and picked them up. Hooray for the Navy!!!

Like I said, once Navy, always Navy!!!!

if it wasn't for the Navy there would have been more long walks home.

Indeed Jeff, same flying suit different filling...

Anyway, I may have to indulge in a set.

Colin

I got my set from Hannants.

Nice title Ozzy. Had many a lift "downt' mill" in the mighty lynx.

Any thoughts on a tail number? We have a few X-NI cabs at the school if you looking for a reference.

Thanks Bodmin, I've still not pop' over to have a look, try and squeeze that in before you leave.

Just a small update, I've made the crew and they fit really well. I've got to do some jigging about with the crew man for him to fit between the gun and the seating. I've also painted taymia clear blue on the top of the canopy, which has worked well.

a10a608eda1ac511866d65fe065a3efb_zpsyvet

2528dbcc266781af655dd5b5537fb37b_zpsgbxa

521d86dddbbe983ede641a531930dc39_zps7bls

d2e6a1cf6cfaad931a64d2ca3996b82f_zps5v37

• Like 2

Looking good. That is a proper modelling desk too!

Thanks Natter,

When I complete a project, I clean it up and have an empty desk. Before I know it I'm working on one small corner, "it's all there somewhere".

Just a small up date, filled and painted the exterior and also scratch built the fast rope attachment using plastic card and some piping and made some rope out of thick thread. Just need to stick the final bits down attach the doors, gunner side open and rope side closed

6b2645e87c6dbe9fde5ef84a47530fde_zpslnjh

b744538b024418678bd68c90fe56c519_zps7rew

2327c2535d183321b484baa457021f40_zps2ol7

• Like 2