92 Sqn Spitfire - finished a little late

Merry Christmas everybody. I've just finished up one of my Battle of Britain GB entries, just a hair past the deadline (OK, two months).

Yes, it's another 1/72 Airfix Spitfire, which you may be sick of seeing, but no one should ever tire of building. It is one of the most enjoyable kits to build of any I've attempted.

The plane represents a Spitfire I flown by Ralph 'Titch' Havercroft serving with 92 Sqn during the Battle of Britain. Most of the build thread is here, but there's a little more here.

IMG_2214_zps9xfvccte.jpg

IMG_2217_zpson5gqtuc.jpg

IMG_2209_zpszf9af2d6.jpg

IMG_2208_zpsnwt9zw5c.jpg

And because I always enjoy it when people put a bonus build at the end, here it is next to a 303 Sqn Mk II from the same kit.

IMG_2242_zpszkxatlo7.jpg

• Like 29

Hello,Cookenbacher - My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your 'Spitfire'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and she is a great tribute to the pilot and the type.Yes, there are (understandably) a lot of Spitfires on the Forum.We would have been more than grateful to see these aircraft in times gone by and I know we all respect their significance in model form also.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Paul - Wish granted. I did build a 92 Sqn Phantom this year, and a 92 Sqn Lightning last year.

IMG_2038_zps5gcttf2u.jpg

Alan - the Tornado is not forgotten!

"Phine Phettling indeed!!"
  • Like 1

Cookie... you really need to try harder with these builds, lol.

She is looking beautiful mate, the exhusts are particularly good, as is the weathering. Also nice little details like the drooped tail planes!

Really hope mine turn out somewhere near this!!

Also nice shot of the jets

Rob

• Like 1

Excellent work on your Spitfire Cookie. I personally never tire of seeing Airfix's lovely 1/72 Mk.I Spitfire on here, especially when they are made and finished as well as yours. Well done.

• Like 1

I must be the only sentient (?) being in the galaxy who has not built a new tool Airfix Spitfire... But this doesn't detract from the fact that your builds that are just mouth watering!

I am trying to do with the Airfix 109 E what you did with the Spit... Does that make us all certifiable?

Great build!!!

Congrats and Merry Xmas!

JR

• Like 1