As usual, last to the party !! You are doing some fine work here Bernd and doing the ship proud, I too have this kit and have purchased a shed load of etch, wooden deck, brass barrels, etc but it will be my first ship build when I am happy I have enough modelling time under my belt to start it so I am following this build like a hawk.

That roundel is new to me, amazing what you learn. May I ask what research material you have found and used, hopefully not a faux par question.

Gary.

As usual, last to the party !! You are doing some fine work here Bernd and doing the ship proud, I too have this kit and have purchased a shed load of etch, wooden deck, brass barrels, etc but it will be my first ship build when I am happy I have enough modelling time under my belt to start it so I am following this build like a hawk.

That roundel is new to me, amazing what you learn. May I ask what research material you have found and used, hopefully not a faux par question.

Gary.

Thank you Gary and happy modelling with your Hood. It will be great fun and a fantastic sight. For the roundel, it seems Hood had something like this for a while, can t say much about accuracy but i like the look of it.

Sadly no progress so far, the last weeks were pretty hard and i need some calmness for a build like this, wich i currently lack :(

• Like 2

Thank you Gary and happy modelling with your Hood. It will be great fun and a fantastic sight. For the roundel, it seems Hood had something like this for a while, can t say much about accuracy but i like the look of it.

Sadly no progress so far, the last weeks were pretty hard and i need some calmness for a build like this, wich i currently lack :(

You seem to be burning the candle at both ends Bernd. How about taking a small break? It can help at times :)

Seems things start to change, made some practising with this new Tamiya tape, should bring me underway.

For Hood i am looking for some ideas for details. When i am entering my hobby room there she is and she has started to look quite nice.

• Like 2

Seems things start to change, made some practising with this new Tamiya tape, should bring me underway.

For Hood i am looking for some ideas for details. When i am entering my hobby room there she is and she has started to look quite nice.

Be careful Bernd, you could be a long time LOL.

Take it at your own pace mate.

Simon.

• Like 1

It's happening, will not be long before she draws you into battle.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss !

Hope so :)

Be careful Bernd, you could be a long time LOL.

Take it at your own pace mate.

Simon.

There will be progress on Hood and other coming things.

:)

• Like 1

Good morning Stix, the last week was in terms of modelling a bit "sparse". Building warships like Hood need some more patience as aircraft and AFV kits.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10.9.2016 at 2:12 AM, charlie-mike-six said:

I just got this ship myself, I have ordered the Flyhawk PE Compete set and the Flyhawk Resin set, which has the corrected turrets. The HMS Hood was a

great ship, and I cannot wait to get started, Your work is outstanding , keep going !!! and please post updates !!!! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Thanks for watching and leaving a comment, my ship projects are currently "on hold". Guess the coming winter season will bring much live in this build and the other ones.

Happy modelling wih this kit, the Trumpeter box contains a lot of fun and with some care and your detail sets it will be a stunner for sure :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BerndM said:

Thanks for watching and leaving a comment, my ship projects are currently "on hold". Guess the coming winter season will bring much live in this build and the other ones.

Happy modelling wih this kit, the Trumpeter box contains a lot of fun and with some care and your detail sets it will be a stunner for sure :)

Good to see signs of life Bernd, hope things are ok with you,

cheers

Julian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gremlin56 said:

Good to see signs of life Bernd, hope things are ok with you,

cheers

Julian

Hi Julian everything is o.K, more soon with regular bench time :)

Have a peaceful Sunday

• Like 1