2015 My first models and dioramas for 35yrs.

Badder

I doubt I'll have finished the diorama for the Churchill by 31st December, so I am posting it now. The infantry figures will definitely be included, as will the motorcycle dispatch rider, but I may or may not add a farmer and his hand-cart. All in all I have enjoyed modelling again after such a long gap, and I seem to have improved without any practice whatsoever! I know I've picked up a few tips from the members here, and I've been humbled by some of the positive comments. I plan to learn and improve. I certainly improved my figure-painting.. but not quite up to the standards of some of you. Next challenge is to try pre-shading and chipping and practice and master varnishes/washes and decal application! Happy xmas to you all!

DSC00123_zpsnrvhwfl1.jpg

edit Photos added 16/01/16

DSC00131_zpsptkhrtd6.jpg

DSC00124_zpsbok4aonf.jpg

DSC00125_zpse19tcatj.jpg

DSC00126_zpsszx5ozlt.jpg

DSC00132_zpsnislqhva.jpg

Edited by Badder

Exceptional - really good dioramas. An inspiration

Thanks AndyC..... From a fellow Wiltshireman! I love your little bubble-aircraft!

edit; photos added 16/01/16

DSC00132_zpsnislqhva.jpg

DSC00145_zpsvghgslt2.jpg

DSC00142_zpsnzu23ewq.jpg

DSC00144_zps6wqc63kz.jpg

DSC00139_zpslsu4jdr4.jpg

DSC00138_zps0uoqgspz.jpg

DSC00135_zpsh9wplma3.jpg

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

Class dioramas, the Cafe Bleu one looks equally good with the Tiger or Churchill,

Sean

Yeah, I don't think it matters too much WHAT i put there, it's the diorama that is the thing. I thought about doing TWO dioramas of the same street.... a 'before and after' A pristine street with a Tiger rolling up it, then the same street wrecked with a Churchill or Sherman rolling the other way. Maybe I've hit on a new idea for dioramas! lol

• Like 1

Fascinating stuff here. Like your idea of a before and after, definitely could set a trend.

Cheers,

Mike

I think I'll start a topic on the idea before anyone else does! lol

Yeah, I don't think it matters too much WHAT i put there, it's the diorama that is the thing. I thought about doing TWO dioramas of the same street.... a 'before and after' A pristine street with a Tiger rolling up it, then the same street wrecked with a Churchill or Sherman rolling the other way. Maybe I've hit on a new idea for dioramas! lol

That'll keep you busy. Interesting idea,

Sean

• Like 1

Great dios, the stream looks so real!

The stream was made using Woodland Scenics' ''RealistIc Water''. EXPENSIVE STUFF at somewhere approaching 20 quid, and it takes an age for the layers to cure, but yes it is pretty realistic!

• Like 1

That'll keep you busy. Interesting idea,

Sean

IF I had had the idea before STARTING the street scene, then I might have done. I would have been able to source and make everything in duplicate before destroying it for the 'after' diorama. As it is, it's too late to build a 'before' diorama. But I will definitely be building at least one set of before and after dioramas in the future!