K5054 - The Birth of A Legend - (Thanks Edgar)

Hi all,

Some of you may have followed the WiP I did for this little Spit way back in late September, I managed to complete it in October, however I have been so busy with uni I haven't had time to get back home to get my camera. I just got back from uni today and I used the remaining sunlight to capture a few pictures!

This build was bought about because I decided that I had built all the significant marks of Spitfire, except the first. I picked up an Airfix 1/72 Mk.I and simply went about rescribing and reshaping, that's all there is to it really.

My thanks to the late great Edgar for providing me with information on this build (and all my other Spitfire builds for that matter). This one's for you Edgar!

39214165301_6e3b5175a7_b.jpgIMG_2905_zpszx14v1cl by Ben Standen, on Flickr

25348424638_5481e005f0_b.jpgIMG_2906_zps3hcdmy84 by Ben Standen, on Flickr

39214163631_a40743654c_b.jpgIMG_2907_zpsbmu8fxq2 by Ben Standen, on Flickr

25348423008_95798fa73d_b.jpgIMG_2908_zps8qrzyeef by Ben Standen, on Flickr

39214161591_966335ee63_b.jpgIMG_2909_zps5fvgepuz by Ben Standen, on Flickr

25348420868_123acc880a_b.jpgIMG_2910_zpsmet7arl3 by Ben Standen, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Ben

Edited by wellsprop
Spelling!
  • Like 38

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :cheers:

Fantastic work, and to make it at the same time as being at uni doing one of the hardest degrees

Cheers Stu, I must admit though, modelling has taken a bit of a back seat this semester as it has been one hell of a step up from first year! Most the free time I have I use to get away from the city (and coursework) on my bicycle :P

Ben

• Like 1

That's a great model, probably the best you have posted on BM, and a very nice thought to dedicate your build to Edgar. A wonderful gentleman who we are all going to miss big time.

Martin

• Like 2

That's a great model, probably the best you have posted on BM, and a very nice thought to dedicate your build to Edgar. A wonderful gentleman who we are all going to miss big time.

Martin

Nice one Ben,she looks a real treat and a superb nod to the late great Grand Old Forum Gentleman.

Hear, hear!

Great job on the 'First', Ben! You did a good job on that tricky finish. What colours/paints did you use?

Regards,

Jason

Cheers Jason!

I used Citadel paints mostly; the cowling was painted with Boltgun Metal (Humbrol 53), the control surface were painted Chain Mail and the fuselage was a mixture of Boltgun Metal and Olive Drab. The fuselage is a little more gold and shiny in the flesh, the blue table I took the photos on make the colour look a little flat.

Ben

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...