New build! Winter project Academy F4 Phantom 1/48

McMaster

I've just come across this build. I have the VF-84 Jolly Rogers version in my stash so this will be of help when I eventually get round to building it!

That one is really cool,I wanted both but in the end I settled down for this one,you'll make a great job out of it I'm sure :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was away for quite a while and didn't have the time to post updates BUT,a lot of work has been done on the Phantom.Only a few bits are left (weapons and fuel tanks,underside decals and the final matt coat)

IMG_4934_zpszha5ucu8.jpg

IMG_4914_zpsuczyrexz.jpg

IMG_4911_zpss7wepk0t.jpg

IMG_4926_zpsc6imuojp.jpg

IMG_4924_zpsgjgfwcgn.jpg

IMG_4928_zps5b0vieon.jpg

IMG_4929_zps0xevw1yr.jpg

IMG_4917_zps4npsqqgp.jpg

This will be followed by one more post before I put it on RFI :)

• Like 4

I've got this kit in the Eduard limited edition boxing. Ive been wondering how I'm going to do the camo. Your freehand camo looks superb! I doubt I could do that well freehand, so I think I'm going to try using this stuff I just ordered call Panzer Putty. Might work better than the poster tack I've been using when I spray camo patterns.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't had much time to work on the Phantom for the last two weeks due to the huge amounts of exams I had :puke: but I got the plane itself done this weekend and now the only thing left is the armament,hopefully that won't take a long time...

So here are the pics (mounted the fuel tanks and pylons,also fixed some painting mistakes)

IMG_4965_zpsthmgmuhl.jpg

IMG_4959_zpsp3jsqafu.jpg

• Like 3