1/48 - MiG-31B/BS & BM/BSM "Foxhound" by AvantGarde Model Kits - released - new BM/BSM & B/BS boxings

Homebee

Looking really good Martin, it's great to see all the little extras and the addition of the Zaslon, just making a superb product even better, I can feel a serious diorama coming on and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble !...

Will it be diarrhoea for the mud, dandruff for the light dusting of snow and cat vomit for the puddles? Hussar and Hurrah and down with matrons stockings!

• Like 1

Pictures courtesy of Tomislav Kralj.

The canopies are more yellow than smoke but the photo doesn’t show it that well. Still, you can use the clear parts for the central section which did not weather to yellow I believe.

13092056_997310113657608_916212059906728

13043391_997307896991163_563573221704050

13043637_997307913657828_435018749653970

Heres hoping you approve :)

Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby
  • Like 4

Martin, can you comment on the piece in the Meng magazine stating that an additional version with even more detail may be in the offing which allows details such as the engines to be shown off in all their glory?

Edited by March
  • Like 1

Will it be diarrhoea for the mud, dandruff for the light dusting of snow and cat vomit for the puddles?

Good Lord, so you've tasted the Mem's cooking too eh !, I needed three months in traction after one of her char boiled filet-mignon in Bearnaise sauce, still bear the scars ! and as for Matrons stockings, well I suppose it's preferable to the way she usually wears 'em :ninja:

• Like 2

Martin, can you comment on the piece in the Meng magazine stating that an additional version with even more detail may be in the offing which allows details such as the engines to be shown off in all their glory?

Yes March. It may be in the offing :)

But not that I have been told as yet. Not trying to be cryptic but I think the focus is truly on other subjects now.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby

The tinted canopies, the new decal sheet the small PE frett and the right missiles are very appealling and I'm tempted ( It seems I hear a voice coming from the room aside"You've already built the same last month"....trying to disculp is hopeless.......°

- Well, back to the subject.... There is another thing which could be helpfull, : adding some heavier weight ( or some warning words) as the two small metal blocks inclued in the kit are just sufficient to keep the beast on it three legs; For my 31 I have added weight in the nose cone just in case. A guy trusting the kit instruction notice building a diorama or a saynette, the cone removed, to show the zaslon radar antena, may have a bad surprise getting a tail sitter..

The tinted canopies, the new decal sheet the small PE frett and the right missiles are very appealling and I'm tempted ( It seems I hear a voice coming from the room aside"You've already built the same last month"....trying to disculp is hopeless....

I'm the same, wasn't interested in this release at first, but now I'm thinking, mmmmmm!

• Like 1

Its the Cold War version of the interceptor.

I understand that Begemot will be releasing a decal sheet for this soon and that will be pretty amazing - blue Farnborough bird anyone?

Looks like Begemot will be taking my money as well...

Was planning to do the Khazak version... will two fit in a virtual shopping cart?! 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't agree more Craig. Got mine three days ago. Just to please red dot Andy.....yes I'm going to do mine as............. :pilot::pilot::pilot:

Anyway even if it sits on the shelves it's a great model.

• Like 2

Picked one up today from Clifton Curios at Breedon and WOW! I am simply blown away by the quality of this kit, it is superb.

Thank you AMK.

Craig.

Thanks both, more than grateful for the replies and kind words. Honestly, I have said it before, but the girls and lads at HQ get a kick from seeing the models built so get out there and build them! :)

Hope you enjoy the build because the actual build is better than even the presentation!

Let us know what you think of the kit.

If you like it tell the place you bought them so we can sell more and plough more into the business for future releases. Honestly, we take very little, if anything out so we have a better company in the future.

Look at the improvements we make for each new release. New decals, new printers, acting on feedback etc etc.

Thanks again for the kind words, makes it worthwhile working on a Sunday :)

• Like 2