1/48 - MiG-31B/BS & BM/BSM "Foxhound" by AvantGarde Model Kits - released - new BM/BSM & B/BS boxings

Homebee

Rumor. After its stunning 1/48th MiG-31BM/BSM kit (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234946328-mig-31bm-avantgarde-model-148/) AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) is to release the earlier variants from the "Foxhound", the MiG-31B/BS - ref.AMK88008

Release expected in 2016.

Source: serious & reliable 🙂

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

This has been confirmed, both explicitly and repeatedly on ARC by both Martin and Anton (much to Anton's chagrin...)

Also, we already have an AMK MiG-31 thread. Use the keyword AMK in the search engine...

Search_zps3715dff9.jpg

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234946328-mig-31bm-avantgarde-model-148/

Edited by ICMF
  • Like 1

Yes I know but the thread you mention is dedicated to the recently released AMK's MiG-31BM/BSM variants.

This new thread is dedicated to the future MiG-31B/BS boxing.

V.P.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Source: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=268233&view=findpost&p=2768778

(...) Technically it is a MiG-31B/BM thread as the new early version MiG-31B/BS will be out very very soon. Factory is just finishing the boxing up. Almost ready to release for sale to importers. They will be getting a heads up in the next week or so I expect.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Can someone point out the differences between the two please?

Thanks upfront.

J

Hi J,

This is the early version from which (with some small amount of work) you could create the demonstrator versions.

The BS has the Odd Rod antenna on the nose section offset, different weapons loads, different cockpit and some other differences.

Any issues with the BM kit will be satisfied on this release. More on that in a different post announcement.

• Like 3

Thanks a lot for your explanation Martin.

I already have the BM kit in the stash (very proud owner!) and it will be very hard to resist the temptation of buying all future AMK stuff.

You guys are simply awesome!

Reg. Jeroen

• Like 1

It's become readily apparent that the folks at AMK are not kit manufacturers per se, but engineering and aviation enthusiasts first and foremost who are indulging their passion.

Needless to say, I'll probably be nabbing this too. I'm another with a thing for the demonstrator aircraft...

Edited by March
  • Like 4

It's become readily apparent that the folks at AMK are not kit manufacturers per se, but engineering and aviation enthusiasts first and foremost who are indulging their passion.

Needless to say, I'll probably be nabbing this too. I'm another with a thing for the demonstrator aircraft...

yes, be great if this is so, very much like Peter Jackson's Wingnut Wings...perhaps without such deep pockets however :)

• Like 1

I'm another with a thing for the demonstrator aircraft...

Be sure not to mix up the versions. There were two blue painted aircraft of which the earlier example was shown on many occasions in the West. Coded white 374 but it was an early version with the flight refueling system added to it. The one for the next AMK kit should be the example shown to this date at different venues, it is coded white 903 and is not an exact MiG-31B but a demonstrator version for the Export version, the MiG-31E. The cockpit was a bit different but this is the demonstrator scheme that could be used for the next kit.

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 1

Be sure not to mix up the versions. There were two blue painted aircraft of which the earlier example was shown on many occasions in the West. Coded white 374 but it was an early version with the flight refueling system added to it. The one for the next AMK kit should be the example shown to this date at different venues, it is coded white 903 and is not an exact MiG-31B but a demonstrator version for the Export version, the MiG-31E. The cockpit was a bit different but this is the demonstrator scheme that could be used for the next kit.

Best regards

Gabor

This maybe an area where AMK can work with the after market companies to create the cockpit artifacts and decals required for 903, especially for those where absolute accuracy is paramount.

I think AMK will squeeze in the blue painted 31 with the next release to add to its appeal. At last one aircraft which has some colour on it and not just the usual grey version.

The response of the aftermarkets was interesting. I have been in contact with one major manufacture to do a detail photoetch set for the cockpit and the outside of the aircraft and there was a categorical No, saying that the subject is not so interesting. :sorry:

All this before the kit was released in December and so they did not see any sales figures then. :tease:

On the other hand Begemote was out with a very comprehensive decal sheet in a week after the release of the MiG-31BM/BMS kit. The decal is excellent :speak_cool: and as authentic as it can get, Kotey (of Begemote) has produced for the Russian AF all the real painting stencils with which the “named aircraft” were painted at the unit. . :goodjob: So he had a good access to the real thing to make his decal as perfect as possible. I think he has a plan for a second sheet for the B/BS kit. :thumbsup:

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 4