1/48 - MiG-31B/BS & BM/BSM "Foxhound" by AvantGarde Model Kits - released - new BM/BSM & B/BS boxings

Homebee

On the other hand Begemote was out with a very comprehensive decal sheet in a week after the release of the MiG-31BM/BMS kit. The decal is excellent :speak_cool: and as authentic as it can get, Kotey (of Begemote) has produced for the Russian AF all the real painting stencils with which the “named aircraft” were painted at the unit. . :goodjob: So he had a good access to the real thing to make his decal as perfect as possible. I think he has a plan for a second sheet for the B/BS kit. :thumbsup:

Best regards

Gabor

Cannot get better than that can you :)

yes, be great if this is so, very much like Peter Jackson's Wingnut Wings...perhaps without such deep pockets however :)

It is so and yes you’re right, my pockets are pretty much empty....

This maybe an area where AMK can work with the after market companies to create the cockpit artifacts and decals required for 903, especially for those where absolute accuracy is paramount.

We are already doing this. Aftermarket companies get the kits first before the samples are sent out. When they produce their aftermarket items is rightly down to them.

• Like 2

Hi all,

Back to normality then....

Decals released for your approval.

88008_MiG-31B-BS_Stencils_X7_zpswywqsds2

MiG-31B_BS_Decals_X6_zpshhccgwja.jpg

These are not yet the final copy but the latest working copy.

There are one or two fixes still to do and then they get signed off today.

Canpy is one of the things we are changing :P

Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby
  • Like 4

Just to let you know that there is a delay.

We are also going to include the outer weapons pylon for one of the aircraft depicted by the decal sheet. Well, we couldn’t leave it out.
We also decided to act on your feedback and are now producing the Germetik sealant and cockpit decals and also seatbelts for the ejection seats.
Everything is done and almost signed off. We hope to sign the whole kit off today in fact. Most parts are already produced but we are going to mold the outer pylons and put them in the boxes.
This has taken time to do so we hope you like the results.
Better we act and make then than leave them off after such kind assistance from the people that matter.
We want to give you what you want so we acted accordingly. That is one of the reasons why we come to these forums so we can get your feedback on how to improve onwards and upwards.
Hope you don’t mind the delay?
Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby
  • Like 10

Kazakh markings :-) Thank you very much :-) and Germetika..........

Will be a world class kit in my opinion.

Thank you AMK !!!!!

Now some top seated Pilots in orange overalls with pressure suit on good seats from Aires and the pitot from Master.........

Perfect hobby................. :-)

Thanks Martin and AMK

Actually this MiG-31E presents me with a double choice - blue painted 374 have russain stencil (in places, where saved initial grey scheme), but 903 on all surfaces have english stencil

So i need decide - make or not second stencil set in this decal for only one marking scheme (it will increase size and cost of decal).

http://www.photoka.info/mig31/imagepages/mig31_51.htm

Edited by kotey

Among my very few niggles of the BM/BSM kit are...

>Clear nav lights.

...That's about it!

Edit: Just read that you're including canopy decals and seatbelts. But yeah, the clear nav lights please!

Edited by Habu12

Actually this MiG-31E presents me with a double choice - blue painted 374 have russain stencil (in places, where saved initial grey scheme), but 903 on all surfaces have english stencil

So i need decide - make or not second stencil set in this decal for only one marking scheme (it will increase size and cost of decal).

http://www.photoka.info/mig31/imagepages/mig31_51.htm

Include the English! :)

Demonstrator MiG-31E and many others will include in our future decals MiG-31 "Standard Foxhound", i'm think i'm add even early type MiG-31s in this decal.

First thought... MiG-31 izd.01, from 174th GvIAP in Monchegorsk, maybe? :whistle:

Many MiGs were named after people with Hero of Soviet Union medal there.

Please remember that the current kit is suitable only for the later versions of the MiG-31 like the late 31, the B,BS, BM . . . The original MiG-31, including the well-known white 374 was of the early version which had a lot of structural differences!!! The present kit would need a brand new sprue (and I am not speaking of just a new instrument panels plus missiles sprue) with many big parts to make a conversion to the original version. From AMK communications I don’t believe they are prepared to do this mayor change just to cater for the very early birds. Apart from 923 there is limited numbers of photos from the early years, remember the MiG-31 was part of PVO the more secretive branch of the Soviet armed services. The little publicity of course was primarily due to PVO’s “special” intercept role. Fortunately there are still around some early airframes to examine but I think it will be up to the aftermarket companies to make the conversions and not AMK.

Best regards

Gabor

Canopy masks, AoA probes - probably more improvements than I can notice. Looks like we're in for another great kit. ^_^ Those early pylons are a bit... big and ugly, aren't they? :S

• 2 weeks later...

Box art + decals

"Including photo etch seatbelts, Germetika sealant and instrument panel details as decals after your feedback. Also in this box is the all important outer weapons pylon that often gets forgotten"

Source: https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/posts/561283260703172

12552811_561282910703207_411153434756700

12494829_561283050703193_638199582062844

12540728_561282974036534_196660814903145

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2