Hurricane PZ865 Last of the Many 1/48

Ade

I finished this today, it's Hasegawa's 1/48 Hurricane MKllC. It'll be a gift to my Father in Law. He has a picture of his Dad sat on PZ865's wing just after the end of the war in his study and my plan is to get this model mounted on a plinth.

I airbrushed it with Tamiya paint and used Flory models dark dirt wash which I found very easy to use.

I should point out that this is the first model I've finished in twenty years!! There are lots of minor inaccuracies which I hope you'll overlook.... I've possibly overdone the weathering a bit but it was such good fun doing it! The decals for PZ865 were generously donated by Thunderjug so my thanks to him and apologies for taking so long to complete it!

23681229342_b934318de9_b.jpgAll Photos-220 by -ade634-

23789692705_3dee1d8769_z.jpgAll Photos-221 by -ade634-

23421744059_980815608b_b.jpgAll Photos-222 by -ade634-

• Like 24

Hello,Ade - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Hurricane'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work.The degree of weathering looks good to me.To say this model is the first you've built after such a long period it's such a credit to you and I'm sure your Father-in-Law will be more than delighted with this fine tribute to 'man and machine'.All the best,Paul.

Funny you should say that were you a TC, AD or AF? I was a TC before the cluster that was TG 4!

I was an ELM (left Locking just before closure) so not assimilated as such. First posting and last postings were with 1001 SU with an AF post in the middle. Always thought of myself as a TC though. Got out before all the playgroup four crap came in.

Do you know Jamie Callister? he was a Snec with me at Portreath and I believe he was an ELM, I think it would've been about 96 / 97 when I was back at Locking on my fitters course? 1001SU so you worked on SATCOMMS? I spent a long time on TCW on the VCS 501, Land Rover / trailer based satellite ground terminal.

LOLOLOLO PAL INT ZBZ!

I remember the name.... I know a lot of people that were on the Wing and still work with a lot of ex TG3. I spent many hours on shift in front of an EOW sorting out 501 Dets, happy days!

• Like 1