AIRLINER - Minicraft 1/144 Sabena B737-400

Hello all,

Well, after doing my last pig, the EasyJet 737-200, I've now finished my B737-400 from the Minicraft kit BA box edition. Of course, I tend not to do the stock decals (with some exceptions), so I used the Skyline Sabena 737 decals.

For civil, this was probably the most challenging, enjoyable mind, I don't mind that, but there was a lot of work to do. There was some tricky bits, the worst being the middle gear doors, as the instructions said to put the gear doors onto the wheel's legs, but trying to fit that onto the underside of the wings as once piece could be very fiddly, so I put the wheel sets on then tried to put the gear doors on, but equally that didn't work, and was either falling off trying to put it on place, or was getting jammed on the wheel.

I left it out as, to be honest, I'm not too worried about undercarriage detail, I don't put my models on public display upside down!

I lost a couple of decals through the build, but that was my own fault, but ither case I am happy with it the way it is :)

For those who may remember, I haven't done a lot yet, so do date this is my 3rd airliner built

23706443351_34f4d278fd_b.jpg

23160738934_59b4292e3b_b.jpg

23762790936_5309ffaeba_b.jpg

23160748404_c8e86ed1d8_b.jpg

23162106543_4acc19b983_b.jpg

23762803956_025a285f1f_b.jpg

Got my next kit from the shelf onto the workdesk...yep, another 737!

James.

Edited by Soloturk
  • Like 16

For those who may remember, I haven't done a lot yet, so do date this is my 3rd airliner built

Your 3rd - and best - airliner to date. :goodjob:

You've worked hard on this one and the result is a credit to your improving skills. I'm looking forward to the day when you decide to tackle a big airliner!

With the Airfix 737-200 too, the undercarriage supports tend to be fiddly, and I have more than one of those where the u/c struts are less Boeing specific, and more 'let's make sure the wheels stay attached and at the proper angle".

Nice livery choice - no cheatline ( of which I am a huge fan ) but not just the stark white tube of the modern airliner either.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Hi James,

Well done on your 3rd airliner, it came out well. I would have spent a little more time on the fuselage joint, but that's my only criticism. It might look worse in photos than in real life!

Looking forward to your next 737. Which is it? I'm working on a few 737s at the mo.

Cheers,

Ian

Hello,James - My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your Sabena '737'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and she is a resplendent tribute to the type.All the best,Paul.