Bf 109 STGB II Chat

vppelt68

I'll tag along for the ride if I may. My build will be in 1/72, an old MPM kit, and I'm not saying any more until we get going. I may do an Airfix Emil in 1/72 as well . . .

• Like 1

I always like to take part in most GB's but was going to sit back and enjoy everyone else's work on this one as I have a dozen or so

109's from Airfix and Eduard in 1/48 and 1/72 on the shelf but I'm on a hobbyboss easy-kit love fest at the moment and have not built any

of the later releases,I noticed Croatian and Romanian options on a couple of kit's so if I may I will order a couple and join in they should be

just a bit different.

• Like 3

Hello everybody!

I am a brand new member to this forum and I am a 109 nut! My modelling needs a kick start and I thought that by joining this group build I might get some modelling done.

So please count me in.

-Thomas Inge

Edited by Horrido!
adding info
  • Like 5

Thomas Inge, I´m glad and honoured to be the first to welcome You to both the whole Britmodeller forum and especially its Group Build community. A great place, great people, great conversation :thumbsup: This is seriously fun! I can´t blame you for picking this Bf 109 Single Type Group Build as your entrance point either :innocent:.

Best regards, V-P

• Like 3

Long-time Lurker but first-time Group Build. I'm in - I'll do an early Spanish Civil war 109.

Do I need to start my own build thread?

Edit - Just discovered we can't upload pics here. That's me out Lol.

Edited by Wombat200
  • Like 1

Well, there are very few Britmodellers who don't dislike certain e.g. Photobucket features, but tolerate them anyway. Check some alternatives at the forum FAQ, I hope you find a way to participate too! V-P

2 hours ago, Wombat200 said:

Long-time Lurker but first-time Group Build. I'm in - I'll do an early Spanish Civil war 109.

Do I need to start my own build thread?

Edit - Just discovered we can't upload pics here. That's me out Lol.

You can't put photos directly from your computer onto here

You need to have them on a photo storage hosting site

I use Photobucket - it works fine for me.

Once there I copy and paste the image address onto here

Your photos have to be no more than about 800 by 600 pixels as well otherwise this site will not place them

10 hours ago, Black Knight said:

You can't put photos directly from your computer onto here

You need to have them on a photo storage hosting site

I use Photobucket - it works fine for me.

Once there I copy and paste the image address onto here

Your photos have to be no more than about 800 by 600 pixels as well otherwise this site will not place them

Yeah, I know how - but the inconvenience & time is a pain in the backside. Re-sizing, then uploading to one site, then writing the HTML codes, pasting to another site, etc.....  I used to do this in forums 15 years ago.....

I'll watch from the sidelines guys, enjoy!

You don't need to resize the pics if you set up your camera to take the correct size pics from the beginning.

You don't need to write html codes either (anymore). Photobucket gives you a direct link to copy.

You don't need to do anything special at Britmodeller either (anymore the 2nd). Just paste the given link and forum software automatically converts that to a picture.

Just give it a try! V-P

I don't get why people are having to write HTML codes etc, whatever happened to copy and paste. I use Photobucket too, no problem on desktop or mobile, just copy the 'img' link and paste the pic onto your thread. 

7 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

You don't need to resize the pics if you set up your camera to take the correct size pics from the beginning.

You don't need to write html codes either (anymore). Photobucket gives you a direct link to copy.

You don't need to do anything special at Britmodeller either (anymore the 2nd). Just paste the given link and forum software automatically converts that to a picture.

Just give it a try! V-P

Sorry, mate, not trying to be difficult but I'm just not interested in using 3rd-party hosting sites & the mucking about that entails - having to log in there, upload,  then log in here, changing camera settings & then having to change them back to my normal settings, forgetting to change them, etc, it's all not worth the hassle for me. Certainly not for the amount of pics a build thread entails. I'd spend more time doing that than I often get to spend building!

Not trying to offend anyone - it's just not for me. Sorry to anyone I've upset. I'm not worried about it - no-one else should be on my behalf ;)

• Like 1

Seeing the steps required to post images, I suppose it does seem a bit of work.   Good exercise for the brain I say, and one advantage of taking photos of the build process is occasionally spotting mistakes/blemishes that one might of missed with the naked eye - but to each his own.

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

I Had planned to join the fun with AMG's 1/48th Bf-109B but unfortunately the start of my trip was delayed so I still have about 4-5 weeks of so to go before I get back home! Currently in the Philippine sea about level with the top of the Philippines though 450 miles east, right in the middle of nowhere!! 

Time permitting, I may still try to, as it's a beautiful looking model with lots of nice extras included. Being an OOB build it should be fairly straight forward......will just have to wait and see.

38 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I Had planned to join the fun with AMG's 1/48th Bf-109B but unfortunately the start of my trip was delayed so I still have about 4-5 weeks of so to go before I get back home! Currently in the Philippine sea about level with the top of the Philippines though 450 miles east, right in the middle of nowhere!! 

Time permitting, I may still try to, as it's a beautiful looking model with lots of nice extras included. Being an OOB build it should be fairly straight forward......will just have to wait and see.

Rich, where did you purchase the AMG kit? Strangely most mail order places in the Ukraine don't have them.

Cheers, Peter

10 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Rich, where did you purchase the AMG kit? Strangely most mail order places in the Ukraine don't have them.

I will be building AMG's Bf109D.  I got it from Alley Cat Models.

• Like 1

Thanks Enzo. I believe the kit is available at various places in the UK, but postage to Down Under is unfortunately a big chunk of the purchase price.

Some of the Ukrainian sellers have very attractive postage options and I was surprised that a kit produced in the Ukraine is not yet available there. Maybe all current stock was shipped to satisfy the export market.

Cheers, Peter

On 07/05/2017 at 3:47 PM, Basilisk said:

Cheers, Peter

I got mine from a seller in Hungary, can't remember if it was through eBay or not. I remember was easily the cheapest around by about $10 USD plus postage was only $7 USD as well. Super happy at those prices seeing what they're going for now! I ended up getting the correct decals for the one I was after as well from them. Last time I looked, sometime ago he had put his prices up, I got the last B model at the cheaper price.

I do remember he had some super cool armoured cars from AMG as well! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I got mine from a seller in Hungary, can't remember if it was through eBay or not. I remember was easily the cheapest around by about $10 USD plus postage was only $7 USD as well. Super happy at those prices seeing what they're going for now! I ended up getting the correct decals for the one I was after as well from them. Last time I looked, sometime ago he had put his prices up, I got the last B model at the cheaper price.

I do remember he had some super cool armoured cars from AMG as well! 

Thanks Rich for this information. I think I found the Hungarian shop.

They do have all four 109s in stock and the price and postage is still reasonable. One thing to note, when you open an account with them, they will send you a 10% discount coupon! As I opened the account and then ordered the models soon after, I wasn't aware of this as I didn't check my email in between. But they refunded 10% of my payment after I sent them an email saying that I was too quick with my order which was very kind. So I got the kits at a good price with free shipping (as the shipping came to 10% of the purchase) :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

1 hour ago, Basilisk said:

Thanks Rich for this information. I think I found the Hungarian shop.

They do have all four 109s in stock and the price and postage is still reasonable. One thing to note, when you open an account with them, they will send you a 10% discount coupon! As I opened the account and then ordered the models soon after, I wasn't aware of this as I didn't check my email in between. But they refunded 10% of my payment after I sent them an email saying that I was too quick with my order which was very kind. So I got the kits at a good price with free shipping (as the shipping came to 10% of the purchase) :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

I think thats the one....I buy from quite a few places so I sort of forget who's who sometime. Hmm I didn't get a discount, but there again it was quite a bit cheaper.

Oh and dam you for attracting me back to the site....I now have seen a few things there I would quite like!!!! :wall: Just bought up big on something else now want a couple of things I've just noticed on here as well!! Oh well it's only money and my postman had almost forgotten about me! :D