Bf 109 STGB II Chat

vppelt68

That is nice Rich. I think I still have a 1/32 conversion from ciro models for this plane in my stash somewhere.

I believe itwas made for the Hasegawa. G-14.

Now you have made me want to one as well!!!!

hmm decisions a 109Z in 1/32 or a Avia 199 in Israeli colours.

Cheers,

• Like 2

I've just looked in The Stash and freaked myself out! I have ten AZ Model 1/72 109s plus three KP Avia S-199s (which is essentially the same kit). :frantic:

Earlier in the thread I said I would build an Avia S-199 and an HA-1112. I have the kits to do so in 1/72 but I would like to build them in 1/48. I have the relevant Academy HA-1112 in The Stash but the Hobbycraft S-199 is pretty much unavailable in the UK.

I have noticed that there are a number of resin sets available for the Hobbycraft kit, including the prop and gun bulges. I might be tempted to bung these on a Hasegawa G-14 and apply a few modelling skills to deal with the other changes required. Comments?

• Like 3

I've just looked in The Stash and freaked myself out! I have ten AZ Model 1/72 109s plus three KP Avia S-199s (which is essentially the same kit). :frantic:

Earlier in the thread I said I would build an Avia S-199 and an HA-1112. I have the kits to do so in 1/72 but I would like to build them in 1/48. I have the relevant Academy HA-1112 in The Stash but the Hobbycraft S-199 is pretty much unavailable in the UK.

I have noticed that there are a number of resin sets available for the Hobbycraft kit, including the prop and gun bulges. I might be tempted to bung these on a Hasegawa G-14 and apply a few modelling skills to deal with the other changes required. Comments?

I've seen these mod kits as well, I plan to "try" and use them with the Revell/Ventura monster!!

It would be great to see the S-199 in all three scales!

• Like 1

and the S199 will go to the front.

My difficult decision is whether to build an Israeli aircraft or a Czech one with the sliding canopy.

I have a year to decide, so I might build one of the KP 1/72 kits just to keep my hand in...

• Like 1

Hi,

Is it too late to opt in to this GB?

I would like to do an AModel HA-1109-k, in the movie markings/scheme;

Hans-Joachim Marseille's '14' as seen in The Star Of Africa' movie.

I have the kit in the stash and it looks it could be a fun build.

A lovely looking plane :)

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think I wanna go there and thank 'em in person! :)

Great idea, it's just a four hour drive away (for me )

Which it was - and well worth the drive! While becoming the worst Group Build initiator and host EVER in the current Ju 88 STGB, I wish someone will take my Hosting License away before this Bf 109 STGB II... Anyhoo, here are some Messerschmitt related sample pics from the museum :hobbyhorse: .

(Sorry, but Firefox + Photobucket don´t seem to want to co-operate tonight in linking resized pics here, so I´ll add a few original, too large ones instead and remove them when they annoy someone too much...)

WP_20160728_015_zpsq4thj7cv.jpg

Yes, that´s a VL Pyörremyrsky behind it.

WP_20160728_028_zpsfrerm1tc.jpg

And a Hurricane, a Dakota, a Vampire... There´s even a long-nosed Blenheim back there, and a Brewster, and...and... check the virtual museum first!

WP_20160728_019_zps5wsnjeyt.jpg

10 Reischsmark will be paid to anyone returning this to nearest airfield - wanna know if Frau Merkel still stands by that promise :chair: ?

WP_20160728_025_zpsxrwmkucq.jpg

They have actually painted the yellow section too high... There are several drawings with the same mistake. I like it anyway :pilot: .

WP_20160728_031_zpsfofgil2w.jpg

The museum pieces should not be touched - but I just had to, let´s not tell anyone! Regards, V-P

• Like 4

While becoming the worst Group Build initiator and host EVER in the current Ju 88 STGB, I wish someone will take my Hosting License away before this Bf 109 STGB II...

Rubbish! :D

Nothing wrong with your hosting activities!

• Like 1

WP_20160728_019_zps5wsnjeyt.jpg

10 Reischsmark will be paid to anyone returning this to nearest airfield - wanna know if Frau Merkel still stands by that promise :chair:

Considering residents of a street in a German town are now having to pay for the construction of their road which was started in 1937 one could try one's luck at trying to get the reward.

• Like 3

While becoming the worst Group Build initiator and host EVER in the current Ju 88 STGB, I wish someone will take my Hosting License away before this Bf 109 STGB II...

Well the Ju-88 GB isn't over yet, there are still a few days to go. So you can still redeem yourself. hahahaha

Cheers,

• Like 1

I hope I don't get shot for this but what colour should the cockpit and interior be please? My knowledge of German aircraft is pitiful and the two different kits give a light and very dark grey. As I'm putting another Sovereign Paint order together I want to get the paint sorted before I start actually looking for it the day I need it.

TIA

109 cockpit interior RLM 02 to about October/November 1940

Early F series [ones built late summer 1940] RLM 02

After mid/late-1940 RLM 66

An E4 used in Operation Barbarossa in 1941 would still have RLM 02 cockpit as it would have been built during 1940.

RLM 02 = a mid tone greenish/grey

RLM 66 = a dark tone very dark grey [black/grey]

• Like 2

Indeed, compared to my recent kit building activity

Well,

at least you have a good alibi. Warm and sunny days during this summer. :shutup:

Says,

AaCee who just returned a stone village after spending a week mostly inside a cottage because of rain. And without any modelling accessories...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I added this to STGB rules:

Is there the 25% rule: Let´s use common sense! An unstarted 1:72 easy build kit to be built OOB has a lot less job left to be finished than (say) a 50% done 1:32 kit with resin, PE or both. So why should we not allow such mountain of work not to be finished within a STGB? I say we should! Tell me if you object, please, before we start.

So please comment but ONLY if you object, I´ll see then whether this add-on stays or not. V-P

• Like 2

I think the rules should stay as they are ,however to encourage more large projects such as detailed 1/32 kits or as has just happened in the Ju 88 STGB where a super detailed 1/72 Revell 88 ran out of time we need more time . We need a longer time frame for the STGB otherwise as happens now we will get a majority of small scale simple builds .

25 % of a 1/72 snap kit is still 25% .

• Like 2

I knew my translation from thinking in Finnish to writing in English would be that bad :banghead: . I was just trying to address the difficulties in comparing a <25% OOB built 1:72 Hobby Boss G-6 to a 40% built 1:32 Revell G-6 converted to G-8 with cameras, full PE, fabric belts, resin exhausts, bulges etc. But maybe I shouldn´t think too much :chair: