1/48 - AMD-BA Super Etendard by Kitty Hawk - released

Homebee

Reason: KH has a AMD-BA Etendard IVM/P project in the pipeline.http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234995527-148-amd-ba-etendard-ivmp-by-kitty-hawk-rumour/?p=2230744Replace the parts from the sprue in the picture n°2 (also herebelow) and you can build a Etendard IVM/P. V.P.

Yes, I realise the reason for the parts breakdown, as you said yourself it just looks a tad over engineered, why have one part when you can have 3 instead lol.

I do not know what exactly, but something doesn't look quite right in the cockpit-nose-cone section. Could be the picture or anything else but something looking wrong to me... like proportion.

Just a strong impression though. I didn't feel like that when looking at the other brand's one.

I could be wrong of course.

Madcop. :hmmm:

For me it's neither a good kit (complex breakdown so fit issues are likely) neither an accurate model. About accuracy:

- Etendard IV outer wings

- Etendard IV stabilators

- SEM antennas, no SuE antennas provided so scratch-building will be necessary to do an Argentine, Iraqi or old French SuE

- wrong ejector seat for any version

- no option for up trailing edge flaps; TE and LE flaps are down only when the engine is running

- AUF2 ejectors instead of Compact AUF2

- etc

Edited by Laurent
  • Like 2

For me it's neither a good kit (complex breakdown so fit issues are likely) neither an accurate model. About accuracy:

- SEM antennas, no SuE antennas provided so scratch-building will be necessary to do an Argentine, Iraqi or old French SuE

- no option for up trailing edge flaps; TE and LE flaps are down only when the engine is running

- etc

ups..!

the big wing tanks look to skinny / tapering too much in the front section... :(

• 2 weeks later...

- etc

Bla bla bla bla.

When will you be posting one of your ultraperfect finished kits in the Ready for inspection section of this forum...?

Makes me curious.

Edited by Robotics
  • Like 3

No blabla to me. Until shown proof to the contrary a list of inaccuracies what seems just serious and founded criticism/remarks.

To my great regret KH is regularly giving - for its 1/48th kits at least - the stick to be beaten with.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

No blabla to me. Until shown proof to the contrary a list of inaccuracies what seems serious and founded criticism.

To my great regret KH is regularly giving - for its 1/48th kits - the stick to be beaten with.

V.P.

I did not ask you anything as I recall. But.. the same question goes for you ofcourse ..

When will you be posting one of your ultraperfect finished kits in the Ready for inspection section of this forum...?

When I'll be able to model and in any case that isn't related to the matter here that is is the KH kit a good option.

Now if accuracy matters, Tiger saw blade will be very handy:

- leading and trailing edge flaps are electric so they don't droop when the aircraft is parked; there doesn't seem to be any option for closed actuator fairings so if the modeller wants to close the flaps, it's likely he'll have to saw the actuator fairings

- if the modeller wants to droop the flaps and extend the wings, he'll also have to saw something as KH doesn't provide separate outer wing leading edge flaps; the Etendard IV doesn't have outer wing leading edge flaps, the Super-Etendard does

- if the modeller wants to represent a legacy Super-Etendard (Iraqi, Argentine or old French plane), he will have to scratchbuild the fin BF antennas (pointy rods) to replace the existing ones

- seat provided is good for a Mirage F1, not for an Etendard or Super-Etendard so replacement or scratchbuilding could be an idea

• Like 3

Bla bla bla bla.

Makes me curious.

Sorry, are you disputing the veracity of his comments, or are you just trolling for a fight?

- This Super Etendard kit is splendid, it even has a detailed fridge!

- The Super Etendard never had any fridge, I won't buy that kit.

- Aha! Show me your finished models, you who don't like falsely fridged kits.

:ninja:

• Like 2

Sorry, are you disputing the veracity of his comments, or are you just trolling for a fight?

I don't believe that either of these suggestions are uppermost in the mind of the responder. I believe he is just expressing a concern that many of us on this forum have right now. Over the years we on Britmodeller have prided ourselves on objectivity and not negativity when it comes to the many and varied responses to news of forthcoming releases. Many of these responses are then subsequently backed up with hard evidence of the accuracy, or otherwise, of new releases along with other virtues such as buildability. Many, led by our band of trusted moderators, spend considerable time and effort taking a new kit and providing an objective and fair assessment of its virtues for the benefit of all, whether it is through a full blown review, a WIP thread or brief comments in their 'Ready for Inspection' posts.

We have often looked, with a degree of dismay and despondency, at the antics that occur on other web forums, with so-called 'Armchair' critics who never back up their oft quoted criticism with some practical evidence of their own modelling skills with which to vindicate their opinion. What we are now seeing is evidence of these trends permeating through Britmodeller and I, for one, do not like it. There are a few out there amongst our membership who do appear to post a huge amount of negativity about new kits without really backing it up with qualified evidence, whether it is being an acknowledged authority on the subject or through taking the time to actually build the kit in question and provide a truly objective and honest review. I doff my hat to those that do provide reviews and respectfully ask those who do not to conserve their opinion for fear of offense.

• Like 1

I don't believe that either of these suggestions are uppermost in the mind of the responder. I believe he is just expressing a concern that many of us on this forum have right now. Over the years we on Britmodeller have prided ourselves on objectivity and not negativity when it comes to the many and varied responses to news of forthcoming releases. Many of these responses are then subsequently backed up with hard evidence of the accuracy, or otherwise, of new releases along with other virtues such as buildability. Many, led by our band of trusted moderators, spend considerable time and effort taking a new kit and providing an objective and fair assessment of its virtues for the benefit of all, whether it is through a full blown review, a WIP thread or brief comments in their 'Ready for Inspection' posts.

We have often looked, with a degree of dismay and despondency, at the antics that occur on other web forums, with so-called 'Armchair' critics who never back up their oft quoted criticism with some practical evidence of their own modelling skills with which to vindicate their opinion. What we are now seeing is evidence of these trends permeating through Britmodeller and I, for one, do not like it. There are a few out there amongst our membership who do appear to post a huge amount of negativity about new kits without really backing it up with qualified evidence, whether it is being an acknowledged authority on the subject or through taking the time to actually build the kit in question and provide a truly objective and honest review. I doff my hat to those that do provide reviews and respectfully ask those who do not to conserve their opinion for fear of offense.

Very well said. ARC is unfortunately overrun, I hope Britmodeller will stand.

EDIT: Lets get back to SUE. I myself own Kinetic kit and it is nice,looks better than KH on photos (Argie decals!)

Edited by petarvu

I did not ask you anything as I recall. But.. the same question goes for you ofcourse ..

Nobody asked you anything either. If someone posts something you're not interested in I suggest you just ignore it.

• Like 1

Providing Im allowed to comment and no one wants to see my models by way of authorisation................ :fight:

KH strike again - shape innacuracies aside, I really dont get why they persist with putting inaccurate contents into kits - Jaguar springs to mind. Surely research solves all of these problems which could suggest that KH dont research! Luckily we have the Kinetic option

Edited by Gary West
  • Like 1

When I'll be able to model and in any case that isn't related to the matter here that is is the KH kit a good option.

Now if accuracy matters, Tiger saw blade will be very handy:

- leading and trailing edge flaps are electric so they don't droop when the aircraft is parked; there doesn't seem to be any option for closed actuator fairings so if the modeller wants to close the flaps, it's likely he'll have to saw the actuator fairings

- if the modeller wants to droop the flaps and extend the wings, he'll also have to saw something as KH doesn't provide separate outer wing leading edge flaps; the Etendard IV doesn't have outer wing leading edge flaps, the Super-Etendard does

- if the modeller wants to represent a legacy Super-Etendard (Iraqi, Argentine or old French plane), he will have to scratchbuild the fin BF antennas (pointy rods) to replace the existing ones

- seat provided is good for a Mirage F1, not for an Etendard or Super-Etendard so replacement or scratchbuilding could be an idea

Laurent,

Maybe you can tell the people here which modelling company you work for. This would explain a lot about why you are attacking all the other companies..

@KoenL: noboby asked you either, that's the thing with forums..

Reg. Jeroen

Edited by Robotics

We have often looked, with a degree of dismay and despondency, at the antics that occur on other web forums, with so-called 'Armchair' critics who never back up their oft quoted criticism with some practical evidence of their own modelling skills with which to vindicate their opinion.

What would my modelling skills have to do with the kit's accuracy? Even if my skills were phenomenal, KH would still be an innacurate representation of the SuE..

By all means, do buy the Kitty Hawk kit.

For less money I'll buy a kit that is proven to be more accurate and easier to assemble, with heartfelt thanks to all who gave me the information that helped me decide what to buy.

Vedran

• Like 1

What would my modelling skills have to do with the kit's accuracy? Even if my skills were phenomenal, KH would still be an innacurate representation of the SuE..

For less money I'll buy a kit that is proven to be more accurate and easier to assemble, with heartfelt thanks to all who gave me the information that helped me decide what to buy.

Vedran

KH: 25 euro

Kinetic: 40 euro

Read the reviews and do what you want. But please, don't take it all so serious, look at yourselves.. Take a deep breath 😀😀 and have fun modelling!

Jeroen

KH: 25 euro

Kinetic: 40 euro

Read the reviews and do what you want. But please, don't take it all so serious, look at yourselves.. Take a deep breath and have fun modelling!

Jeroen

Ah. I stand corrected, it is indeed ca 25 Euros at Hobby Easy. I was looking at ebay.de.

However, the total price delivered to me in Croatia is about the same.

vedran

Vedran

Vedran,

I do not dispute your assertion re kit's accuracy vs. modelling skills. Perhaps I did not make myself clear. What I get bored with is selected individuals constantly complaining about accuracy, buildability, etc etc without actually backing up all of this negativity with practical proof (i.e. completed examples to prove their theories). Some time back our club members had a long and fruitful discussion on the buildability (or otherwise) of the Italeri 1:32 F-104G Starfighter. Many an the internet have claimed that the kit was unbuildable......problem was, two of our club members were actually building the kit and whilst both fully acknowledged that the kit had significant problems neither considered it so bad as to be unbuildable. They brought their kits along to the club, we pored over them and went away with a far better understanding of the kits shortcomings and attributes. Comment backed up with practical experience and proof gets my vote every time since completed kits offer a far better guide to overall accuracy as well.

Cheers

• Like 1

I would much appreciate people mentioning errors on kits, to support what they say with evidence, i.e. plans, photos etc.

In that way, they do help me, as I will not have to repeat the research on my own.

Unsupported comments, are simply not fare: remember that what is "just" our hobby, for some others is serious business, that help provide to their families.