1/48 - AMD-BA Super Etendard by Kitty Hawk - released

Homebee

Sometime ago there was a rumour floating around about a falling out between designers that led to one leaving Kinetic (or Kittyhawk....I cannot remember which way around)...to go to AMK and then vowing to release exactly the same kits in order to dilute the market. I have never been one for rumours (in spite of enjoying this topic !) but it seemed to be vindicated by A). the fact that two manufacturers brought out two rather esoteric subjects (the Kfir and CM.170 Magister) in quick succession and then B). an 'announcement' that the dispute was over, had finally been deemed to be counter-productive for all and that they would co-operate on future plans (i.e. not work together but at least deconflict their plans)....Well, it doesn't seem to have worked !.

I also fear that Zoukei-Mura, with their previous track record, will also announce the release of a Super Etendard in their 1:48 scale range after the highly original, imaginative and innovative F-4J Phantom II along with the latest kit in their 1:32 range, a DH Mosquito !

I had vowed never to write on another manufacturers thread but I simply had to answer this particular post.

There has never been and will never be any game playing by us. I believe that you will find AMK was the first to announce a new tool 1/48 SuE.

We prefer the moral high ground to playing games and tactics. To do otherwise is childish and counter productive.

:goodjob:

Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby
  • Like 2

Here we go again.......!.....the accuracy of a newly announced kit, not yet released and with no test shot images etc, being judged on the quality of the box art !...C'mon folks

+10000000000000

When will all you accuracy nazis learn that the CAD models have absolutely NOTHING to do with the final kit and are purely done to give a feel for what the finished kit might look like?!? You can't tell what the final product will look like, simply by looking at the digital model that will be used to create the tooling. The ONLY way to decide whether or not you would like to buy a kit is to purchase it for yourself!

I sincerely wish you people would stop forcing everyone to buy into your own PERSONAL view of the hobby, and I will vociferously argue with anyone who disagrees with me.

I sincerely wish you people would stop forcing everyone to buy into your own PERSONAL view of the hobby, and I will vociferously argue with anyone who disagrees with me.

Kinda sounds like someone's trying to force their views on others!🙄

When will all you accuracy nazis learn that the CAD models have absolutely NOTHING to do with the final kit and are purely done to give a feel for what the finished kit might look like?!? You can't tell what the final product will look like, simply by looking at the digital model that will be used to create the tooling. The ONLY way to decide whether or not you would like to buy a kit is to purchase it for yourself!

63628685.jpg

• Like 2

... The ONLY way to decide whether or not you would like to buy a kit is to purchase it for yourself!

... I sincerely wish you people would stop forcing everyone to buy into your own PERSONAL view of the hobby, and I will vociferously argue with anyone who disagrees with me.

Hi,

Siesta maybe? Just kidding, though here is (dare I say it) another common sense way:

Find info about what you would like to purchase before spending your hard earned pennies...

I can't afford to buy now and decide later! You give those who focus on accuracy far to much "virtual power", the modelling masses aren't Borg-like hive minds.

B)

Find info about what you would like to purchase before spending your hard earned pennies...

I can't afford to buy now and decide later! You give those who focus on accuracy far to much "virtual power", the modelling masses aren't Borg-like hive minds.

Nonsense! We all know that CAD renders mean nothing. Test shots are useless too, of course, just a rough draft that can be scrapped on a whim. Magazine reviews are a lot of craven drivel written to appease the advertisers and if some other modeller points out an accuracy issue, clearly they're just a rivet-counting accuracy freak who is trying to steal your joy and should thus be ignored.

No. As has been pointed out time and again by we sensible modellers, there is literally no way to tell if shapes are grossly inaccurate unless you handle the kit yourself. Nobody can tell the difference between a circle and a square based purely on visual evidence. I certainly can't and you'd have to be some holier-than-thou, self appointed 'expert' (ex-SPURT more like! lol) to even think you could. You have to actually BUY a kit, look at the actual sprues, and preferably build it before you can start talking about whether there is anything wrong with it. If, after you've given it that truly fair shake, you decide that it's not good enough... fine. Don't buy it. It really is that simple!

It's just a shame that some people insist on yammering endlessly about this or that kit. Maybe someday they'll learn that model companies don't release images of works in progress just to get people talking about them. It really has no place on a scale modelling discussion board!

You have to actually BUY a kit, look at the actual sprues, and preferably build it before you can start talking about whether there is anything wrong with it. If, after you've given it that truly fair shake, you decide that it's not good enough... fine. Don't buy it. It really is that simple!

🤔................🤐
  • Like 1

Nonsense! ...

Gee,

Pick on me why don't you! My comment isn't nonsense, just a different opinion from an average hobbyist.

For a lot of folks like myself, the various guises of "accuracy" often takes a back seat to things such as surface detail, features, complexity, potential variants, etc. These points can often be seen in imagery from CAD renders, test shots, previews and reviews along with captions from the manufacturer. This is the info that helps make a choice, not someone preaching hellfire or gospel on the internet.

Then again when it comes to something you feel strongly for, I guess our "Inner Nazi" comes out... Boy are fora odd places!

B)

• Like 1

Gee,

Pick on me why don't you! My comment isn't nonsense, just a different opinion from an average hobbyist.

For a lot of folks like myself, the various guises of "accuracy" often takes a back seat to things such as surface detail, features, complexity, potential variants, etc. These points can often be seen in imagery from CAD renders, test shots, previews and reviews along with captions from the manufacturer. This is the info that helps make a choice, not someone preaching hellfire or gospel on the internet.

Then again when it comes to something you feel strongly for, I guess our "Inner Nazi" comes out... Boy are fora odd places!

B)

Amen to that! Couldn't agree more.

I don't see hoe this language is being accepted on this forum. Mr ICMF has been attacking me in a similar way on another topic as well.

You know what they say; hurt people hurt people.

Just relax..

Reg. Jeroen

Edited by Robotics
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

HomeBe,

This is the Etendard IVM/P engine, not the Super Etendard engine (ATAR 8K50). This means that KH is also working on an Etendard. The fin leading edge pitot of the CAD already suggested this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

nice schemes! although 4 of the 8 can already be found in the excellent Kinetic boxes...

KH found interesting specials! hats off ;)

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 2

Inspired decal choices……..I have waited a long time for the 1997 Tiger Striped scheme…….but will the kit match the recent Kinetic offering or indeed that which is forthcoming from AMK. Let's see.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Great selection of stores if your a modern French a/c fan, but certainly not all applicable to the SuE/SEM, and that multi-part fuselage looks like it could be a nightmare, then again it might just fall together.

Jury's out until I see a build up.

(...) that multi-part fuselage looks like it could be a nightmare, then again it might just fall together (...)

Reason: KH has a AMD-BA Etendard IVM/P project in the pipeline.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234995527-148-amd-ba-etendard-ivmp-by-kitty-hawk-rumour/?p=2230744

Replace the parts from the sprue in the picture herebelow and you can build a Etendard IVM/P.

Kittyhawk%2B48th%2Bscale%2BDassault-Breg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1