Font for F-16 custom made decal

NontasB

Hello to all,

I need some help with a custom made decal that I want to make for a F-16. I'm looking in the web for the specific font but I can't find it anywhere. If someone knows the name of the font, I would be very grateful.

rob_zpsegk7bnhs.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Nontas

You could try What The Font - link

Edit: I just tried it and couldn't get a very good match. What size does it need to be? What file format do you want it in? I can trace it in CoreDraw and then export it for you.

Steve

• Like 1

Hello to all,

I need some help with a custom made decal that I want to make for a F-16. I'm looking in the web for the specific font but I can't find it anywhere. If someone knows the name of the font, I would be very grateful.

rob_zpsegk7bnhs.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Nontas

I think it is very unlikely you'll find an exact match because the name isn't printed on the canopy rail by a computer. This looks like a stencil adaptation of a standard typeface called "Brush Script MT" which was pre-loaded in my work computer's Microsoft Office. canopy%20rail%20script_zps5gp0yjpe.jpg

In any scale smaller than 1/24 I doubt the differences will be noticeable. A few delicate strokes of a brush can reproduce the changes induced by making it into a stencil on the real thing.

Edited by datguy
  • Like 1

I agree with datguy that the Brush Script sample he posted will almost certainly be the closest digital font match to be found, but I don't think the name was painted on the plane with stencils: I think it was hand painted since all three of the "e"s are different. Also, the "j" has a totally different slant from the other letters.

• Like 1

First of all I want to thank you all guys for your answers.

I've been trying 1001fonts.com for three days now. I'm on page 465 of 801 and still nothing. I think the correct font is Brush Script MT that datguy posted.

Thanks very much datguy!! :)

Indeed the decal will be made for a F-16 in 1/72 and there will not be any noticeable differences if I choose a similar font, but I want to be accurate.

Regards,

Nontas

Edited by NontasB

If you can't get a font that's close enough then try using this;

F16_zpszhjavrzg.jpg

I cleaned up you image and traced the text using CorelDraw, then exported it as a JPG. You'll need to right-click and SAve As, then resize it as required before printing onto decal paper.

Hope this helps

Steve