Blenheim IV 1/72 MPM

Finished at last. Amongst all of the recent Airfix Bristol Blenheims here is the MPM Blenheim IV that I started last year for the Bomber Command GB, The canopy is a Falcon vac-form replacement and the props are Aeroclub white metal replacements. Other than that it is straight from the box with kit decals. The nose required major surgery to get the canopy to fit but it all came out fine in the end. It was looking rather forlorn on the bench after so long waiting to be painted that I thought I would get it completed before the year end.

Hopefully this will be the start of a series of Bristol aircraft I do, the next being the Special Hobby Beaufort sometime next year. Thanks for looking.

PC120630_zps8dx5xi8b.jpg

PC120632_zpsiu1clqhg.jpg

PC120634_zpsunp6swb8.jpg

PC120642_zpst2ueavah.jpg

Blenheim04_zps0bb70955.jpg

• Like 30

Brilliant!

The transparencies look cristal clear, something not often seen!

Congrats on a superb build

JR

• Like 1

That's a great build Andrew, and I'm looking forward to the Beaufort (and Beaufighter?).

Yes a Beaufighter or two (Hasegawa and Airfix) will follow the Beaufort and then a Brigand to finish off. Of course with everything else in the stash that needs building as well it may be a while before they are complete!

Brilliant!

The transparencies look crystal clear, something not often seen!

Congrats on a superb build

JR

The vac-form canopies did turn out nice and clear, but almost too clear as you can easily see into the cabin which could really have done with having had more detail added.

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...