Hawker Hart Trainer, 4 FTS, Habbaniya 1941, scratch conversion Avis/Amodel Hart, 1/72

JWM

Hi

Let say it is finished :) - My number three of planned five belonging to "mass production of Hawker Hart family" ( After Egyptian Avro 674 and Persian (radial) Hart I made Hart Trainer in markings of 4 FTS RAF, Habbaniya, May 1941. Basicly this is a scratch conversion from Avis/Amodel Hart model (Amodel 72240). I have copied in resin pilot cockpit, changed wing slope, blinded side windows and half-pipe for gun, added ventilation pannel on nose (the most problematic part...), blinded the hatch from behind (EDIT: added new exhaust) and made new struts between wings. I made some some crosskitting here as well - lower wings are from AZ Audax - since they do not have any support points. The A-model lower wings I used for a radial Hart. Initially I was thinking on using rudders from AZ kits, but after more carefully studies I made Hart Trainer (and also Hector and Hertbeeste, which are under preparation) with Amodel rudders. EZ riggings added.

K4900 was sometimes presented as "black 4" but for me the comparison between black serial and red middle of roundel against shadow of gray of "4" suggests, that it was rather "red four". http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234984588-habbaniya-hawker-hart-trainer-details/

She looks like that:

hart t DSC05800hart t DSC05799hart t DSC05798hart t DSC05796hart t DSC05794hart t DSC05793hart t DSC05792hart t DSC05791hart t DSC05790hart t DSC05795

And here just to show difference in wing slope, against Persian Hart (radial):

hart t DSC05797

Comments welcome :)

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Since I rescue my old threads switching from some bucket to Flickr in alphabetic order, today I am doing "H". I did Heinkels, Horsa, Hotspur, Helldiver, Hawk, Hawkers and particulary - Hawkers Hart family. Among them this one - Hawker Hart trainer. Letm me put it back to forum, especially that I have not express my thanks to last comment - so Martin, many thanks for your nice comment :). 

Regards

J-W  

These Hawkers are very nice J-W. :worthy:.

The Persian one is really quite exotic, it looks like it could belong in a Tin Tin adventure (I like them a lot :)).

I'm looking forward to seeing the other Hawkers, especially the Hector.

:goodjob:

Best regards

TonyT

33 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the other Hawkers, especially the Hector.

Thank you Tony! There are:

1. Avro 674 Audax in Egipt colours

2. Hector

3. Hartbeest

4. Persian Audax 

There is also duo Hurricanes (in fact three of them...), two Fury and Nimrod.  Typhoon and Tempest not rescued yet.

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 2