1/72 Airfix Shackleton done at last

I've been waiting for someone to build the medium sea grey over white version, I build the alternative version here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234991750-ladies-and-gents-i-present-the-airfix-172-shackleton/

I must say I'm impressed with the quality of your finish, did you do a work in progress thread?

I'm planning on building a 2nd airfix Shackleton in the new year in MSG over white but of a different aircraft, WG557 of RAF st Mawgan

Hello,Reheat - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Shackleton'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work. She is a resplendent tribute to this mighty aircraft.All the best,Paul.

With all else here - beautiful job on a lovely kit! I know people have their favourite versions/schemes for the Shack, but that is my favourite - MSG over white, with the dorsal turret - classic! Mine is on hiatus now whilst I finish a few kits before the end of the year, but looking at yours makes me want to get to back to my kit, quickly.

Regards,

Jason

A very good job - but I must take issue with the term "done at last". This kit came out late in the year and is finished before the end of the same year.

Not only that, it's a complex four-engined type. I'll have you know that many (most?) Britmodellers have models as wip from the last century.

Kevin

:goodjob:

Edited by KevinK
  • Like 1