Jakks Pacific Commander Cody

So. The figure quite simple but on examination it showed good potential for a re paint.

First step was to fill the many screw holes in the back and get some primer on it .

I used a Halfords car body filler and their plastic primer .

ended up with this.

image_zpsppq99auv.jpeg?1449769816581&144

And then this :-

image_zpsrky4ydtr.jpeg?1449769816580&144

This is as far as I've got. Some detailing on the helmet and I need to spend a bit of time on the blaster.

You'll notice that by subtle changes such as turning the head and the wrist angle of the blaster the posture looks much more natural.

image_zpswogurgh3.jpeg?1449771643586&144

• Like 6

Nice pics there, he looks great & your use of Halfords sprays has gone down really well.

The battle weathering is class.

I also use Halfords Primer and he must be pretty tall as he looks like he dwarfs those cans & Halfords cans are quite tall, by themselves.

An awesome job.

Wayne

Edited by Deadman Disciple

There's a story there as I was ebaying one evening and saw it advertised . I'd had a couple of beers as you do on a Friday night and sat there thinking " 31 inches tall , that doesn't seem too big"

Anyway it turned up,my wife had a sense of humour failure and the rest as they say is history.

I would say though that there's a lot of potential in some of these figures. Although it is very big it doesn't look too overpowering. I keep it on a shelf with my DVDs and it looks pretty cool . It would look particularly good with one of the red and white clones that Jakks do.

The only down side is the pose is identical on all of them

Forgot to mention I used Flory wash black to get the weathered look . It was good at getting in the texture of the white and giving it a more convincing look. White on a battlefield ? What were they thinking.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, i'm flattered. I never posted anything on the web before.

He was i recollect about £30.00 which is excellent value. I'm tempted to do another, but putting it somewhere might be a challenge (Well for my wife at least !)

I'll post a few more when it's finished . Nearly there

• Like 2

Thought I'd post a photo of the Coruscant Clone trooper I picked up on Ebay for the princely sum of £40.00. as a direct comparison really.

Cody should be done this weekend work commitments allowing.

I think i'll try and adjust his arms and weapon possibly to the longer DC15 rifle and much less extreme on the wear and tear.

image_zpsefi5yeqy.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Great finish, I have 5 of these 'Big Figs' stashed in the bedroom at the mo, the wife is very unimpressed! The 2 troopers are going to get a complete makeover- one from the new film (Finns trooper) and the other 'original' is going to be turned into a Sandtrooper. Cody is going to get the same treatment as you have done. I plan on leaving Vader and Kylo as they are but then again...... for the price they are a bargain. Oh and they have just released the Master Chief from Halo, it is going to be a challenge sneaking that into the house.

Edited by Jay

• 2 weeks later...

I'd thought about using more contemporary finishes for my figures - 1 in British Army Multi Terrain finish, 1 in Desert pattern and, 1 Marine Commando in three tone blue/grey. Gleaming white armour in forests??? Funnily enough, as I recall, some of the troops shown in Revenge of the Sith actually wore camouflaged armour anyway

Allan