An Albert's Tale (or four, or even five)..... Actually a Beady Eyed Herky Debs Albert Epic...

1 minute ago, Ascoteer said:

The .22s would have been the No 8 rifle which was a conversion of the Lee Enfield No 4 rifle.

They are still in service (just - we've been extended for another 12 months) pending the introduction of the L144 rifle (a Savage built .22 with polymer stock and match sights).

One of my 12 bores was built by Savage,it's a 1948 Stevens Model 311a,28" barrels choked at 3/4 and full.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Julien locked this topic
  • Mike unlocked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 9:50 PM, Ascoteer said:

The US aircraft had shelving in the recess to the right of the crew entrance door (next to the freight bay entrance) but on ours this area was used to store the mainwheel chocks.

The only document storage that I can remember was the cubby above the Nav Station (above and to the left of the Ecko 290 radar).

The recess in question was used to store the two NOSEWHEEL chocks, known alternatively as tactical chocks on the original RAF Hercs. RAF mainwheel chocks, even one of them, were too large to fit in said recess. If I recall correctly there was one shelf located at the top of the recess where we put the aircraft padlock and key; next to a manual specific to the airframe; cannot recall the title or publication number.

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, warranyofficerboy said:

The recess in question was used to store the two NOSEWHEEL chocks, known alternatively as tactical chocks on the original RAF Hercs. RAF mainwheel chocks, even one of them, were too large to fit in said recess. If I recall correctly there was one shelf located at the top of the recess where we put the aircraft padlock and key; next to a manual specific to the airframe; cannot recall the title or publication number.

F700 ?

• Like 1

On 09/01/2017 at 7:16 PM, warranyofficerboy said:

I'm afraid you won't get a reply to this or any other post on this thread from the author (Ascoteer/Debs)because she is no longer a member of BM.

• Like 1

I suppose everyone is entitled to their privacy, however there must be more to it than that! 

BM is a lesser place without Deb's insightful comments and often comical inputs. 

Cheers and good luck.. Dave 

• Like 7

There is more to it, but unless Debs gives the ok, it's not for me to enlighten you all on the what, where and why I'm afraid . She is active on another place and will upload this and her Whitley thread in her own time on there,but until then I'm afraid you're Debless. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Miggers said:

There is more to it, but unless Debs gives the ok, it's not for me to enlighten you all on the what, where and why I'm afraid . She is active on another place and will upload this and her Whitley thread in her own time on there,but until then I'm afraid you're Debless. 

Truly understand this position Miggers.

Your obviously in closer contact than most of us, so please just pass on our best wishes. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Miggers said:

Whatever her reasons, can you just let her know that we all miss her and hope that she does have a change of mind, in her own time.

Good luck Debs, wherever you are.

• Like 2

• Mike locked this topic