An Albert's Tale (or four, or even five)..... Actually a Beady Eyed Herky Debs Albert Epic...

Looking good Debs. Talking about strange names for places, did you know there really is a village in Somerset called Nempnett Thrubwell? Can anyone top that?

Martin

Talking about strange names for places, did you know there really is a village in Somerset called Nempnett Thrubwell? Can anyone top that?

Martin

Badgers Mount, in Kent, and Papworth Everard, in Cambridgeshire, would be contenders.

• Like 2

Wow, Snoopy is really coming along. Neat work. I find that opening all the windows and doors in the house gets the stink out after a few hours. Trick is to get the cross breeze effect.

Of course living in the great white north... AKA Canada this can be a problem in the middle of winter and summer. Average 30+ degrees and very humid in summer, Winter -10-30 depending on the day. Swmbo gets ticked off either way with all the windows open.

A few years ago, sprayed a big hull in the kitchen since I couldn't fit it in my spray booth. Similar smells.. My wife came home and tore a strip off my then teenage daughter. The exact words were "how many times have I told you not to do your nails in the kitchen"... I just stayed quiet and slunk off to watch hockey......

Ray

• Like 5

Looking good Debs. Talking about strange names for places, did you know there really is a village in Somerset called Nempnett Thrubwell? Can anyone top that?

Martin

Dildo, Newfoundland;

Head-Smashed-In-Buffalo-Jump, Alberta;

Climax, Saskatchewan;

Saint-Louis de Ha! Ha!, Quebec;

Crotch Lake, Ontario;

Quispamsis, New Brunswick;

Spuzzum, British Columbia;

Crapaud, Prince Edward Island;

Flin Flon, Manitoba;

Mushaboom, Nova Scotia.

I'm not even going to attempt place names from the Territories, because I don't have the font for Inuktitut installed, and I'm pretty certain nobody in Blighty will be likely to have them.

• Like 3

Puddletown in Dorset.

Simon.

Tolpuddle same county... Famous for the Tolpuddle martyrs....

Port Mouton NS --- Which being in NS is pronounced Matoon ... Confuses tourists no end, and irritates Francophiles...

Ray

• Like 1

I hope you have some decent props for it. I renovated an original Airfix K a few years back and got hold of, allegedly, the last set of Aeroclub props and what a thing of beauty they are - the amount of twist is amazing and very fine. John A told me the moulds were now dead which is a huge pity because they were so good - IMHO of course!!

Simon

• Like 1

Dildo, Newfoundland;

Head-Smashed-In-Buffalo-Jump, Alberta;

Climax, Saskatchewan;

Saint-Louis de Ha! Ha!, Quebec;

Crotch Lake, Ontario;

Quispamsis, New Brunswick;

Spuzzum, British Columbia;

Crapaud, Prince Edward Island;

Flin Flon, Manitoba;

Mushaboom, Nova Scotia.

I'm not even going to attempt place names from the Territories, because I don't have the font for Inuktitut installed, and I'm pretty certain nobody in Blighty will be likely to have them.

Its pronounced Diiildo Newfoundland by the locals. Even funnier though, there is an Upper Dildo and Lower dildo Newfoundland.... Swmbo is from the Maritimes and makes me laugh at these names all the time...

Ray

One of the best ones is still the old RNAS airfield up in the Orkneys.

Crispy'll know the one with him being ex-RNAS :winkgrin:

Even I know where that one is!

I hope you have some decent props for it.

John Aero sent me some props, I also have some spare Italeri ones. The Airfix are nothing like the Hamilton-Standard props fitted to the Alison T56-A-15!

• Like 1

Even I know where that one is!

I have the last of John Aers props as well as some spare Italeri ones. The Airfix are nothing like the Hamilton-Standard props fitted to the Alison T56-A-!5!

It would be really nice if John could be persuaded to make a new mould. IMHO all other Herk props are pale imitations and very disappointing when you see what they could/should look like. Maybe Quckboost can do a set in resin if The Master can't be re-motivated?!!

Swmbo is from the Maritimes and makes me laugh at these names all the time...

I like Newfies - they rather sound like where I come from.

Not sure I'm that impressed with Gander though (albeit it is far better than the 'hole that is Goose Bay - and don't even get me started on Happy Valley!), however the French Onion Soup in the Pizza Delight there was to die for.

I do rather like St Johns though.

I might tell a dit about St Johns...

• Like 3