An Albert's Tale (or four, or even five)..... Actually a Beady Eyed Herky Debs Albert Epic...

Your back... Yay... I was beginning to think I was going to have to take up basket weaving or knitting or some such, or heaven forbid go into the stash and build something...

Sorry was really missing the build and the stories...

Ray

I had hoped to get Snoopy into primer today but there were a couple of little niggles that were really bugging me.

Firstly, you will remember that I had to remake the flap tracks for the inboard starboard flap (cos Muggins 'ere broke the originals). Having done so it was apparent that this flap's alignment was different to that of the inboard port - I'd set it a tad too far inboard. So that had to be remade.

More worrying, however, was the No. 3 engine (that's the starboard inner to you non Multi-Engined types). It just wasn't aligned correctly, having a noticeable nose down angle to the thrust line. Jessica rightly picked this up earlier up on. What I think happened was that the nacelle was aligned correctly with the wing not attached to the fuselage, but the twist in the wing (which I thought I'd fully cured but obviously hadn't) was finally taken out by the brass tube main spars when I attached the wing, thus throwing the engine alignment out.

Anyhow, I coulldn't live with it so the No.3 had to come off and be remade.

Currently I'm waiting for it to set so that I can start the round of filling again.

Sigh.

On a lighter note, I shall continue with the second Flight Deck once I've been down town to get some more adhesives, oh and some batteries for my camera, and possibly a bottle of wine for later... :whistle:

• Like 8

A veritable smorgaboard of thrilling things to eye up,read funny dits,take part it the general chitter-chatter,

Crispy's Seaking and 'Vixen,Billy Navy Bird's Bucc,Stevey Fritag's 'Awks and Debsta gets back on the Erkerleeses.

It doesn't get better than this bretheren and bretherenesses. :coolio:

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 3

Welcome back Debs look forward to seeing some more Albert action.

Guy

Edited by F4u

Welcome back Debs,

Great to see this one back in action, so looking forward to more great modelling, more great tales, more great ideas....we've missed you!

Will have to go back over this thread and remind myself where we got to - that's no hardship

Geoff

Today has mostly revolved around scratching up the 2nd Flight Deck as well as putting Snoopy back to where he needed to be (sorting out the No. 3 engine).

Tomorrrow I am off dealing with Cadet Shooting (specifically choosing our Regional Air Rifle Competition Team). Hopefully I can get Snoopy into primer tomorrow eve.

• Like 3

Tomorrrow I am off dealing with Cadet Shooting.

Isn't that a bit harsh? Surely several dozen laps of the parade ground would be more appropriate!

Good to see you back at the bench, I was beginning to think you'd deserted us for good! :-)

Edited by Engineer66
  • Like 7

Isn't that a bit harsh? Surely several dozen laps of the parade ground would be more appropriate!

Good to see you back at the bench, I was beginning to think you'd deserted us for good! :-)

Shooting them does sound harsh, but its an air rifle so probably only wing them....

Ray

• Like 2

Shooting them does sound harsh, but its an air rifle so probably only wing them....

Ray

.22 LR isn't QUITE air rifle ammunition RayB

I believe Cadets get .22 modified SA80 thingmys or whatever posh designation the military gives to its weaponry these modern times

In my day we got and loved Lee Enfields and the like

but that was a very long 'day' ago

• Like 2

.22 LR isn't QUITE air rifle ammunition RayB

I believe Cadets get .22 modified SA80 thingmys or whatever posh designation the military gives to its weaponry these modern times

In my day we got and loved Lee Enfields and the like

but that was a very long 'day' ago

Back in your day.....

Were they muzzle loaders ? LOL.

Both the 22`s and 303`s were proper rifles, made of wood and steel, none of this flimsy plastic.

Simon.

• Like 4

By the way Debs, sorry to log back late

Went to see if the Air Force were noising it around the Loop over the Bank Holiday

Came away the day the Reds did

Missed the buggers but did get some nice shots of a red and white painted Hunter onnastick

Which looked decidedly Nautic to me wiv a blummin heavy duty looking 'ook 'angin' off its backside ;)

But whadda I know? :(